Star Wars "Cassian Andor" Series

Star Wars Cassian Andor Series Release Date, Cast, and News

Rogue One's Cassian Andor is getting his very own Star Wars live-action series on Disney's streaming service.

A second Star Wars live-action series is on the way for Disney+, the company’s upcoming streaming service. The currently untitled series will star Diego Luna, who is reprising his role as Cassian Andor, the Rebel spy from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Set to go into production next year in London, the new series will follow Cassian during the early days of the Rebellion and before the events of Rogue One (since, you know, he blew up in that movie).

No showrunner has been named yet, but considering how Jon Favreau (The Jungle Book) is helming the other live-action series, The Mandalorian, expect a big name behind the director’s chair. 

Source and more

I just finished Fallen Order and was doing some research on the people involved. Then I came across the above and saw that it doesn't seem to have been mentioned here.

I could get behind a spy thriller genre in the Star Wars universe. Rogue One has certainly been my favourite off-shoot film so far, and The Mandalorian was brilliant. Hopefully they'll keep it up with this one.

There's only so much SW people can take IMO.  And if you felt the last movie didn't do it for you I don't know how many will bother to sign up to D+ for this.   I'm starting to lose interest in the franchise myself.

7 minutes ago, George P said:

There's only so much SW people can take IMO.  And if you felt the last movie didn't do it for you I don't know how many will bother to sign up to D+ for this.   I'm starting to lose interest in the franchise myself.

I agree that the recent trilogy didn't inspire me, nor the Han Solo origin story. But like I said, Rogue One was a great start for spin-off films, and The Mandalorian showed me that D+ can bring a great galaxy to the TV as well. I won't be surprised if it doesn't go in the direction I would like, but I'm still rooting for them.

• Steven P. unlocked this topic
  • 1 year later...

The Andor series explores a new perspective from the Star Wars  galaxy, focusing on Cassian Andor’s journey to discover the difference he can make. The series brings forward the tale of the burgeoning rebellion against the Empire and how people and planets became involved. It’s an era filled with danger, deception and intrigue where Cassian will embark on the path that is destined to turn him into a rebel hero.

September 21 

Looks good .... but I also dug Rogue One 

On 01/08/2022 at 19:33, Jim K said:

September 21 

Looks good .... but I also dug Rogue One 

After the mess that was Boba Fett, I have zero hope for any future shows.

I was ok with Boba Fett. They're treating it like "The Avengers" where they're introducing new characters while

connecting them to established characters. My assumption is that it's for some "Big Bad" down the line.

Anyhow, I'm down for this story. I dig spy stories and this one just might deliver the goods.

On 02/08/2022 at 18:22, McCordRm said:

I was ok with Boba Fett.

They lost me with the "Mods"...  Totally pulled me out of my suspension of disbelief and threw me into the pit of ridiculous.

And if the rumour mill is to be believed, it was 100% intentional on KK's part to ruin the show.  If so... it worked.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch the premier episodes? I really enjoyed it... It definitely has a bit of a slow burn so understand them dropping 3 episodes at once.

Much darker and grittier then anything they've done before. Probably not a good show for the little padawans.

Yes, so far so good... the action in episode 3 was worth the slow build.  Also concur about it not necessarily being for the younger folks, though that's just a few things here and there.  

• 2 weeks later...

I like the pacing of this show... they are moving the story along slowly enough to build up the suspense while not making it seem like it is dragging.  They are also managing to balance that in two separate areas: one being the immediate mission, and the other being the higher arching story behind the formative years of the Rebel Alliance.  And of course doing all of this within a framework of "the audience knows the end result of all of this."  Kudos to this show, so far.

• 3 weeks later...