Recommend me a router please for symmetrical gigabit internet ....

I am looking for a router to replace a Draytek 2830n for an SME client (~25 workstations and maybe 10 other devices simultaneous).

They have moved premises and now have a symmetrical gigabit internet connection presented as Ethernet.

They are running the 2830n for now and its working except it bottlenecks them to about 200mbps download and about 400mbps upload.

Ive been looking at the edge router options from Ubiquiti, would this be up to the job ? (1 million packets per second) rated) https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/19348-ubiquiti-usg/

Or should I get one of the higher end ones that do 2 million packets per second but cost £350-£400

Edgerouter 4 seems good value with higher throughput but I cant find any UK stock.

any other suggestions ?

I don't need wifi as going to use an AP located in the middle of their new office.

It would be nice to have redundant WAN (failover) though so I can throw an LTE router on it as a backup connection. However not essential as the leased line is redundant with a very good SLA.

8 minutes ago, Inertia said:

I am looking for a router to replace a Draytek 2830n for an SME client (~25 workstations and maybe 10 other devices simultaneous).

They have moved premises and now have a symmetrical gigabit internet connection presented as Ethernet.

They are running the 2830n for now and its working except it bottlenecks them to about 200mbps download and about 400mbps upload.

Ive been looking at the edge router options from Ubiquiti, would this be up to the job ? (1 million packets per second) rated) https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/19348-ubiquiti-usg/

Or should I get one of the higher end ones that do 2 million packets per second but cost £350-£400

Edgerouter 4 seems good value with higher throughput but I cant find any UK stock.

any other suggestions ?

I don't need wifi as going to use an AP located in the middle of their new office.

It would be nice to have redundant WAN (failover) though so I can throw an LTE router on it as a backup connection. However not essential as the leased line is redundant with a very good SLA.

The EdgeRouter should be fine. Even my USG 3P can handle symmetrical gig. Just be careful if you go with consumer hardware. 

• Like 1

I'm running an EdgeRouter 4 at home and can confirm it's quite fast. it should easily handle 1Gb. Be aware though that enabling QoS seriously degrades performance as hardware offload can't be used.

On a separate note - as this is a corporate internet connection have you considered some more 'enterprise' solutions? An idea that springs to mind is a SonicWALL TZ600 (router + NGFW). Ubiquiti's support isn't the best, so if the internet line is critical to the business I'd recommend either purchasing two EdgeRouters for redundancy, or getting something like a SonicWALL with the whole support and maintenance package.