Newer drivers for Realtek High Definition Audio available?

Question

On My Asus ROG notebook (GL731GV) are Realtek High Definition Audio drivers (version 6.0.8734.1), date 6/18/2019 installed.

I was wondering if there are updated drivers? And where I can find them a.k.a. which model/version of Realtek and audiocard do I have? Can I find this info somewhere on my machine?

3 answers to this question

Realtek audio drivers can be device specific. You might lose features by using generic versions. So keep that in mind. 

People used to share drivers that were obtained from a shared login on the realtek FTP site. Earlier this year they took down that FTP access. They issued DMCA take down to a bunch dudes who were archiving drivers. Now you have to do the dirty work to search through forums for random links. 

You might find something that works for your device in here.

https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a.html

On 5/27/2020 at 4:28 PM, jpqf said:

Realtek audio drivers can be device specific. You might lose features by using generic versions. So keep that in mind. 

People used to share drivers that were obtained from a shared login on the realtek FTP site. Earlier this year they took down that FTP access. They issued DMCA take down to a bunch dudes who were archiving drivers. Now you have to do the dirty work to search through forums for random links. 

You might find something that works for your device in here.

https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a.html

Thx, I found the Realtek file (v. 6.0.8924.1).

When I try to install this one on my notebook I get is 'warning' message. So,.... is it "safe" to install it? Or better wait until Microsoft pushes this via Windows Update (if and when)?

And... also on the May 2020 Update, because this one isn't listed here.

Realtek.png

I tried these., v. 6.0.8924.1. 

They installed, I got music, but than my audio jack and headphones didn't work. Turns out this is controlled by Realtek Audio Console, and apparently doesn't support these latest drivers on my Asus ROG system.

I rolled back, and it worked again.

Any suggestions to this Realtek Audio Console? And possible update to it/way of it to work on my system?