Best imaging software

Question

Hey guys, Just bought a larger capacity SSD to replace my smaller one. My system is running well, and cant really afford much downtime reinstalling etc..

Can anyone recommend a straightforward imaging software? I heard Acronis is good. 

Thanks so much in advance!!

13 hours ago, Jonathan Lucas said:

If I sell a customer on an SSD, I would rather clone in order to keep all the software and such. 

That is not how your OP read..  You should of stated your looking for cloning software to support anything because your cloning other people's device.

Not

On 5/29/2020 at 8:33 PM, Jonathan Lucas said:

Just bought a larger capacity SSD to replace my smaller one.

Which would be a 1 off, and only need to support the makers drive as the destination, etc.

• Like 1

If you are cloning other peoples stuff then you probably want something that doesn’t license per computer like most things in the thread has mentioned.  I believe the software/hardware that I mentioned is not licensed per computer. 

there is also cloning devices where it isn’t licensed per computer or any one particular computer. 

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Standalone-Drive-Duplicator-Eraser/dp/B00FSVD9PE/ref=mp_s_a_1_10_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=drive%2Bclone%2Bdock&qid=1590951862&sprefix=drive%2Bclone%2B&sr=8-10-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVkFQV0s4T0tLNEdOJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTE2MDUxOUpTUVo2S08zMTMwJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNzc4MzFTODdYQUE5RE1DQ0omd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

something like that would require you to get a m2 adapter to sata to be able to clone, but it wouldn’t require you to license each computer you would clone like Acronis would. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BudMan said:

That is not how your OP read..  You should of stated your looking for cloning software to support anything because your cloning other people's device.

Not

Which would be a 1 off, and only need to support the makers drive as the destination, etc.

Budman, I am looking for cloning software to support cloning other people's devices, and supports UEFI. Do you know of a software solution that I can purchase that will do this?

Thanks to all that has replied. My first project will be cloning my existing drive to my new, larger SSD that is UEFI enabled.

14 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

No it’s not. But since I already recommended something and it’s been discussed, is reading a lot to ask?

Please do not assume that I am not reading your posts my friend, but I like the sarcasm. Well played lol I appreciate your help.

I had a look at Macrium, and followed up with a youtube video on the cloning function. I am going to give it a go.

Macrium Free - Cloning Disk

Edited by Jonathan Lucas

On 5/31/2020 at 2:42 PM, Jonathan Lucas said:

Please do not assume that I am not reading your posts my friend, but I like the sarcasm. Well played lol I appreciate your help.

I had a look at Macrium, and followed up with a youtube video on the cloning function. I am going to give it a go.

Macrium Free - Cloning Disk

The first drive I purchased, was the lower end Crucial 1TB SSD.. and since my board has extra SATA ports, I plugged into that, and used Macrium.

The second I did, was an upgrade to a WD 500GB SSD for a laptop. It doesn't have two drive bays, so I just used a USB 3.0 circuit board I got from shucking my 10TB external drive I put in my main computer. Hooked that board up to the SSD, plugged it into the laptop as an external drive, and cloned it with no issues. Took about 40 mins... when done, swapped out the old drive with the SSD, rebooted and off she ran like it was brand new. Only much faster.

The old drive booted from a restart in about 4 to 5 mins.. now, she's under 40 seconds.

• Like 1

hi 

macrium is an amazing software

and terabyte image for windows (winpe based) and image for linux (linux based for the rescue usb -dvd/cd ) , image for linux has a powerful partition application and create an image and restore is sick fast less then 2minutes ,while image for windows winpe based aroud 8 minutes

both has tecnology to avoid to wear ssd