Neowin main site part of IPB CMS/Publishing platform OR is Extra/Customized?

Question

Ever since coming across Neowin, yes, you can see when that was. I was fascinated by the Forum and wanted to have a Forum of my own since then. A bit too late now, lol, but I have an idea for a Forum - non Tech, won't be competition 😛. What I am wondering though, I want it to have a News section just like Neowin where we have a main page with news and in order to comment, you have to login using the Forum and the hard links themselves take you to the forum post.

I've done a demo of XenForo2 and they don't seem to have a straight way of doing something like Neowin. Going to test out IPB which Neowin forum runs on but wondering if the main news site is part of IPB Publishing/CMS system or would have to pay a dev. to customize something like Neowin.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

The news side of things is developed in-house. The current iteration was a complete re-write from the ground up launched in 2010 and we've made iterative improvements on it since then. I believe Invision do have their own CMS system that can be installed alongside the forum software, but we wanted something that fit our needs exactly, so designed and built it in house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaveLegg said:

The news side of things is developed in-house. The current iteration was a complete re-write from the ground up launched in 2010 and we've made iterative improvements on it since then. I believe Invision do have their own CMS system that can be installed alongside the forum software, but we wanted something that fit our needs exactly, so designed and built it in house.

Thank you!