Corsair CX550M, is it a budget psu?

On 6/17/2020 at 3:37 AM, Newb said:

Hey guys!

I'm thinking of upgrading my deepcool de600 psu to this corsair cx550m power supply but I can't decide because I've seen so many good and bad reviews about this one. What are your thoughts about this?

My Specs:

Micro atx board

Ryzen 5 1400 (upgrading to 3000 series in the future)

Gtx 1050 ti 4gb OC (upgrading to an rx580 8gb or gtx 1660 in the future)

2x8 gb ddr4 3200mhz

1 hdd(1 tb)

1 hdd(500 gb)

1 nvme m.2 ssd(250 gb)

1 sata ssd(120 gb)

For these specs I'd recommend RMX650 -  price difference likely isn't much, honestly. I have an RMX750 and love it. RMX is not budget, per say, and Corsair comes backed with an amazing warranty and top notch customer service.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:23 AM, Mindovermaster said:

Want to give us exact products, not just "mATX board" or "GTX 1050". Brand names will help us more.

Why are you going from a 600W to 550W? With your hardware (I'm guessing) 550W is a bit low. Plus your upgrades.

Corsair CX is actuallyt a budget PSU. I'd rather you go with a SeaSoniic. They are good.

Exact products will make it way easier to help you quote out PSU requirement. You'd also hate to have to replace the PSU later for a minor upgrade, or be PSU throttled.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:38 AM, LostCat said:

The rest of that build is budget as well.  The Deepcool is a 450W sustained 600W peak and isn't 80+ rated so the CX550M is likely much better.  If they can get a good deal on it I'd say why not?

I've never heard great things about Deepcool, seems to be up and coming... 

On 6/17/2020 at 10:42 AM, Jim K said:

Go for it. Those cheap Corsair power supplies are pretty solid.

You get tons of value out of them, that's for sure.

55 minutes ago, ba2017gg said:

Exact products will make it way easier to help you quote out PSU requirement. You'd also hate to have to replace the PSU later for a minor upgrade, or be PSU throttled.

Let him reply, mate...