Do you support the idea of Mac OS on the Raspberry Pi?

LC55tLH.jpg

What if Apple released Mac OS, for its ARM based Mac books, along with support for the Raspberry Pi?

Apple wouldn’t have to worry about compatibility of hardware and they wouldn’t have to supply the hardware.

It'd be a easy way to get people into the Apple Store eco system for arm apps.
It could also kickstart Apple as real desktop alternative again if people get a taste of what real mac is like without the initial cost of investment into Apple hardware.

They could call it the Apple Pi.
Yum.

Thoughts on the idea?

• Facepalm 1

They won't. I am all for Apple opening up the OS, but they they aren't going to.

Especially since it will rob from Apple hardware sales.

As neat as that would be it would never happen. Apple prefers their closed garden of hardware too much.

I support the freedom of the user to use, modify, repair and destroy any goods that they have purchased, so of course. Will Apple do it? Fat chance. Would some smart hackers turn an ARM port into something that could work on all ARM devices, they're sure gonna try :) 

Personally, that would awesome. I highly doubt Apple would ever officially do it,

Will see if the hackintosh community gets it to work in some form.

7 minutes ago, neufuse said:

I prefer that Pies sit on open window sills until they are cooled... 😛

Or stolen by a neighbor >.>

8 minutes ago, Eternal Tempest said:

Personally, that would awesome. I highly doubt Apple would ever officially do it,

Will see if the hackintosh community gets it to work in some form.

If the installer image can still be extracted from the App Store then I'm sure the Hackintosh community will have a hay day getting it to install/work on other ARM devices (Y)

It would be ######.  Why would you want to run OSX on hardware that can barely handle it, would require constant attention and not allow you to do anything useful with it than more relevant OSs could?

Just now, Human.Online said:

It would be ######.  Why would you want to run OSX on hardware that can barely handle it, would require constant attention and not allow you to do anything useful with it than more relevant OSs could?

most people would do it just for the fun of it and just to say they could.

doesn't always have to be a useful adaption.

Same reason we've seen the likes of Windows 95 put on iPads and such lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brandon H said:

most people would do it just for the fun of it and just to say they could.

doesn't always have to be a useful adaption.

Same reason we've seen the likes of Windows 95 put on iPads and such lol

Absolutely, hacking it on is cool.  But then it becomes a novelty or curiosity.  Not the agendas the OP posted.

6 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

Absolutely, hacking it on is cool.  But then it becomes a novelty or curiosity.  Not the agendas the OP posted.

true, it wouldn't have really any real world use cases. Anything that MacOS can do that Linux can't would require higher specs to utilize. MacOS doesn't even have IoT capabilities like Windows Core does to justify official support.