• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

gmail

Question

mkol    90

Hi 

I have been a Gmail user since 2004 and I have more than 20000 emails in my account in this 16 years of emailing. However I am seriously thinking about not using my gmail account anymore and get a personal domain email with round cube email client.  For me Gmail has stopped introducing new stuff, the themes are very very old in gmail. And the whole feel of gmail is outdated compare to something like Outlook. Do you feel Gmail interface is outdated? I will keep on using my Gmail account to receive emails but to sent out emails I will use my domain name email. Slowly like this I will phase out the gmail account.

Comments are welcomed... 

2 answers to this question

+devHead    2,141

I totally agree with your assessment.  Gmail is the least feature rich email client there is from my perspective.  Of course, aside from work, I use the Outlook application to check my Gmail, so I don't have to deal with its garbage 2009 interface.  I think Outlook's online UI is much better.  Google just doesn't care that much (it seems) about the look of their products.  They are very simple and clean looking, but lack features that most others have.  I mean, good grief, Gmail just got the ability to create multiple signatures, depending on whether you're sending a new message or responding.  Outlook has had that for like a decade.  I don't blame you.  All the best!

mkol    90

^ thank you