Heat or fire resistant external USB drives

Are there any USB hard drives that have heat or fire resistance?  My searches keep bring up Amazon related "fire" products :/

I live in a fire prone area that's been on fire twice in the last 3 years.  I use cloud back ups and currently put my external drives in fire-proof safes, but it'd be nice if I can add additional protection levels.

I currently have a Lacie, but I don't see any heat ratings on their current "rugged" offerings.

USB 3.0, 7200 rpm HDD, 1-2TB is sufficient. 

On 7/16/2020 at 5:33 PM, jnelsoninjax said:

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=iosafe+solo+g3+4tb+disaster+proof+hard+drive

I have one of these sitting under my desk right now, and I got years ago during a hurricane that made landfall here in Jacksonville, and it was being given away free to persons who lived in this area.

Thanks.  That seems to be the only one I can find that has actually has any 3rd party protection standards.  Have you had any issues with it?

On 7/16/2020 at 5:40 PM, Mindovermaster said:

LTT did a review on one earlier...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm4J_1jFxik

I did see that, but that was 7 years ago.  That's eternity in computer land.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:39 AM, crazzy88ss said:

Thanks.  That seems to be the only one I can find that has actually has any 3rd party protection standards.  Have you had any issues with it?

I did see that, but that was 7 years ago.  That's eternity in computer land.

No issues at all, I will warn you, it is a beast! The whole drive is heavy, so keep that in mind when you are thinking about where to put it.

• 2 weeks later...

After some additional research, I decided I could just upgrade my current fire-proof safe situation, and use any ol' external USB drive for much less than the $300 cost for that ioSafe product. 

Then, if/when the HDD does die, it's only $75 to replace instead of the entire $300 fireproof drive.

12 minutes ago, crazzy88ss said:

After some additional research, I decided I could just upgrade my current fire-proof safe situation, and use any ol' external USB drive for much less than the $300 cost for that ioSafe product. 

Then, if/when the HDD does die, it's only $75 to replace instead of the entire $300 fireproof drive.

sounds like a much better more cost effective plan in the long run (Y)