Just bought a new laptop - Is this normal to be charging like this?

I just bought a new laptop from Costco last week, it is very good for the price, the MSI GE75 Raider Gaming Laptop and it was on sale for $1,200 and normally is $1,400. I noticed it charged to 100% the day I bought it, set it up and everything, and then started to play games on it, World of Warcraft..and then noticed next time I turned it on, over the battery icon it says 95% available (Plugged In). It doesn't say it is charging or anything and this is my first laptop ever, and I was just wondering if this is normal, like if I use it when its plugged in and start gaming on it..and as more battery drains, and eventually reaches 0%...it should start re-charging, right?

Might be a setting in the MSI Dragon Center ... looking at this review of that notebook:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14612/the-msi-ge75-raider-laptop-review/6

"MSI also interestingly adds in some additional choices in terms of charging. You can adjust the battery charge settings in the Dragon Center Software which allows you to choose how to keep the battery level. If you are someone who does use the laptop on the go from time to time, you can set it to mobility, or you can set the battery to be charged to a lower level which should prolong the life. It’s a nice option for a system where outright mobility is certainly a secondary consideration"

I wouldn't worry about it.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

any devices with modern Lion batteries likes to be charged between 20% to 80%