Adam: what is notification spam like on your iPhone?

@warwagon Since you have now had your iPhone for a bit, I wondered if the notifications experience is any better or as spam-laden as it is on Android currently?

The granular controls are cool and all, but not when various companies split the notification options between 30+ different settings and pages (Android notification setting, and App settings itself, like Facebook does). Some companies don't even bother to label what a certain notification does half the time, so you got all these different categories and not knowing exactly what certain ones do.

Anyway I think Android has become a spam infestation since Oreo in that regard, and even Google is adding a series of nag notifications if you don't use Chrome for a while or use a different browser on your Android device.

I know I'm not @warwagon, but I've used both ecosystems since they were released to public. iPhone notification spam is non-existent. I can test a particular app for you if you'd like, but none that I'm using is annoying in the slightest.

I get only opt-in notifications (you're prompted when an app wants permission to send them) for things like new emails, breaking news and such.

Hey Steve, so I can't say that noticed any more notifications on iOS than on Android. on iOS, it does group them. I just looked and I had a bunch from my Wyze sense door sensors. But there was just one on the notification screen .When I tapped it I saw a bunch more. Other than that, I had an Amazon shipping alert. 

As mentioned before, I just like how timely reliable notifications are in iOS, compared with my experience in Android.

I also can't speak for warwargon, but the only notification spam I get is from actual apps... like Domino's telling me to get a pizza. I can easily mute those by swiping the notification to load the setting icon, and mute. There aren't granular options like in Android to pick and chose what notifications to display on a system/iOS level, you'd have to customize those in the app. It's just mute all or delivery silently in the Notification Center when swiping down.

System/Apple notifications are basically non-existent.