YouTube problems

So today this issue just started: I will tell YouTube that I am not interested in a video or tell it to not recommend the channel, but as soon as I refresh the page, the same channel(s) and videos are there. I have cleared the cookies for YouTube, I have signed out from my Google account, and logged back in, and I have done a system reboot. I have not tried to replicate the errors using a different browser, I am using the latest version of FireFox

This problem is most defiantly related to the latest version of FF. I have YouTube running through Brave and have no problems at all. 

Or the issue is what Google is choosing to send Firefox users. Try signing in using a Private tab and seeing what appears. If the issue remains, the issue is on YouTube's end.

12 hours ago, virtorio said:

Or the issue is what Google is choosing to send Firefox users. Try signing in using a Private tab and seeing what appears. If the issue remains, the issue is on YouTube's end.

OK, so I just tried that, and the issue remains. Any suggestions on what I might try next?

9 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

OK, so I just tried that, and the issue remains. Any suggestions on what I might try next?

I don't think there's much you can do about it by the sounds of things.

You could report the "bug" to Mozilla and Google but like virtorio said it could be Google deciding not to honor settings for Firefox users. They've been known to play dirty in similar ways before :/

2 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I don't think there's much you can do about it by the sounds of things.

You could report the "bug" to Mozilla and Google but like virtorio said it could be Google deciding not to honor settings for Firefox users. They've been known to play dirty in similar ways before :/

I see, Google and Mozilla don't get along all that well?

Firefox had an update to .01 and now YouTube is acting a bit better. So perhaps Mozilla was aware of the problem.

OK, this problem is still persisting. I created a new profile and logged into YouTube and the issues are still there. So that clearly tells me that it is an issue with Firefox (considering the new profile had no addons)

Also, the settings for autoplay and dark theme are sometimes reset to default. And when I try to subscribe to a channel, I'm told that the session has expired and that I have to sign in, even though I'm signed in.

But when I use Edge in the same PC, and with the same account logged in, I've no problems subscribing.

• 1 month later...