Jackie Stallone, celebrity astrologer, Sylvester Stallone's eccentric mother, dies at 98

Jackie Stallone, the colorful mother of actor Sylvester Stallone, celebrity astrologer and women's professional wrestling manager, died Monday. She was 98.

Musician son Frank Stallone announced his mother's death on Instagram Monday night, saying she had "died in her sleep as she had wished."

"This morning my brothers and I lost our mother Jackie Stallone," he wrote below a picture gallery of his mother's life. "She was a remarkable woman, working out everyday, full of spunk and fearless. It was hard not to like her, she was (a) very eccentric and flamboyant person."

"Mama Stallone," as she was called, was the mother of "Rocky" star Sylvester, 75, Grammy-nominated musician Frank, 70 (from her first marriage to Frank Stallone Sr.) and late actress Toni D'Alto (from Stallone's second marriage to Anthony Filiti) who died in 2012 at 48.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/09/22/jackie-stallone-dies-sylvester-stallone-mother-astrologist/5861878002/

Wholly fax. Very respectable age to go. Wow. And here I am, worried about my parents, who are close to Rocky age. As  some of my grandparents died in their 50s and 60s - living past 70 does seem a luxury to be honest.

I am sure she just found peace. At 98 she had time to prepare, I am sure. 

98, long life.  My grandfather will be 96 in the next couple months.  Lives lone, cooks himself, still drives, mows his own lawn (riding mower).  Old farmer.  Just do not build them like that anymore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, techbeck said:

98, long life.  My grandfather will be 96 in the next couple months.  Lives lone, cooks himself, still drives, mows his own lawn (riding mower).  Old farmer.  Just do not build them like that anymore.

wow.   wow.   i knew a 93 year old who lived by herself, but recently she had to get a caretaker, and then quickly diminished to nothing. 

96 still cooking and doing the lawn is very impressive, wish him the best of health for many more years! 

52 minutes ago, RNDM_STRNGR said:

wow.   wow.   i knew a 93 year old who lived by herself, but recently she had to get a caretaker, and then quickly diminished to nothing. 

96 still cooking and doing the lawn is very impressive, wish him the best of health for many more years! 

Thanks.  He still has a sharp memory.  A trip listening to him tell stories from the 30s.

• Steven P. unlocked this topic