US 2020 Election Polling - Make sure you vote no matter who!

US 2020 Elections Polling  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How are you voting this year?

• By Mail
    • In person
    • Non-voting citizen
    • Not voting as not from the US
  2. 2. Who do you support on national level?

• Democrats
    • Repblicans
    • 3rd Party
    • Mix
    • No one
  3. 3. Who do you support on a local level?

• Democrats
    • Republicans
    • 3rd Party
    • Mix
    • No one
    • Not from the US

Hi all! With the US elections starting with mail-in ballot being actively sent in, I wanted to see haw voting was going so far. This is not a debate on who you voted for and should not be use to question others vote or position (there are other threads for that). This poll is to help us see how our community as a whole looks at our future. While you can express. Who and why you support someone, please do not attack or question others for their decisions. I have hidden names, so unless you say otherwise, we will not know what your position is.

If you live in the US and of legal voting age, please make sure your vote is counted. No matter if you are in the minority or majority, if you do not vote you will not be heard. This can lead to regret and feeling disenfranchised in the process. Protect our right to ensure everyone gets a vote and feels safe doing so!

Obviously, my vote will be know as I am the only one that voted. I have already voted by mail and have supported my democrat electorate. From were I am from, this is supporting my incumbents and for the Biden/Harris ticket. I feelings is that the US needs to have stability on the national level and the current administration has not been able to provide this.

22 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I'm voting in person .. for this very reason

image.thumb.png.58693318b4e274334bb20f51ae86a2bb.png

Sigh. I’ve received every expensive product I’ve ever ordered that was delivered via USPS. Not once have I ever had to deal with a lost or missing package. 

2 minutes ago, shockz said:

Sigh. I’ve received every expensive product I’ve ever ordered that was delivered via USPS. Not once have I ever had to deal with a lost or missing package. 

Same. USPS seems to be Amazons shipper of choice for my stuff recently, everything comes via USPS. But if something doesn't arrive, Call the company get a replacement. Not so easy with a cash or a vote. You'd have to know the vote got lost.

Already voted in KY last week. Absentee ballot. Turned it in to the county clerk office directly. Made sure the signature on my driver's license matched perfectly with what I signed on the ballot inner sleeve and outer sleeve (I don't have a consistent signature because  cursive sucks and I hate that society still uses signatures). The KY gov website confirmed receipt of my ballot.

Straight Democratic ticket, No on Marsy's law because it erodes due process for the accused (and the ACLU is opposed to it which is enough for me), and no in a constitutional amendment that  would basically make redistricting judges tenure line up with elections -- which would make it easier for Republicans to gerrymander so that was an obvious 'no' after I spent an hour researching it (the ballot itself doesn't properly explain what it is).

I'll be voting by absentee in all elections from now on. I like having the luxury of being able to take a few days to fill out my ballot because the constitutional amendment on the ballot pertaining to tenure  for redistricting judges was very hard to understand and I had to do some research to figure out the right choice for that one. It wasn't an easy one like "ISSUE 1: Cannabis legalization YES / NO" (just an example, KY unfortunately does not have cannabis legalization on the ballot this year) and I likely would've left it blank if I voted in person because I feel rushed and just want to get out of there.

A lot of local items on the ballot didn't even have people running. County Surveyor just had a write-in option. So I searched to see if the Democratic party Facebook page for my county endorsed any write-in candidate for that position. I couldn't find anything or any write-in campaign so I just left that blank. I even sent the Democratic party chair for my county an e-mail asking to see if they had anyone in mind and they replied saying they  did not.

Edited by DeusProto
  • Like 2

My parents got ballots in the mail for my bother and sister in law (bro is captain in the army), for the state of IL.  Even tho they are registered in the state of WI and already received their own ballots.  They never registered in IL.   Issues/mistakes happen and good thing my parents are good people and discarded the ballots. 

2 hours ago, shockz said:

Not commenting on voter issues here via mail...but just because you got every USPS package/letter does not everyone else has. I personally had issues with packages and letters via USPS.  As well as FedEx, UPS, DHL, and others.  No one carrier is perfect and people do experience issues with them.  I even have had packages delivered, via USPS, to my door step that did not belong to me.

19 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Not commenting on voter issues here via mail...but just because you got every USPS package/letter does not everyone else has. I personally had issues with packages and letters via USPS.  As well as FedEx, UPS, DHL, and others.  No one carrier is perfect and people do experience issues with them.  I even have had packages delivered, via USPS, to my door step that did not belong to me.

So...you are combating his anecdotal evidence with...your anecdotal evidence ? :|

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

So...you are combating his anecdotal evidence with...your anecdotal evidence ? :|

Just stating that because one person never had an issue, does not mean others haven't had issues.   People have issues every now and then.  However, if it was common place and happened often, I am sure we would hear about it.

8 hours ago, techbeck said:

Uh oh. You got a letter that didn’t belong to you. Lets go ahead and cancel a tried and true system that’s been in use for decades, longer. 

The error rate of such things are probably pretty similar to the error rate of actual ballot counting/handling. I don’t have any actual numbers to support that, but the amount of nonsense the Trump campaign is spewing about mail in ballots is completely wrong. If there were massive irregularities, we’d have heard about them, time and time again, from both sides.

If anything, mail in voting will continue to expand now that it has become such a wide spread topic, visible. It’ll be here long after Trump.  

It is a proven system. A reliable system. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shockz said:

Uh oh. You got a letter that didn’t belong to you. Lets go ahead and cancel a tried and true system that’s been in use for decades, longer. 

The error rate of such things are probably pretty similar to the error rate of actual ballot counting/handling. I don’t have any actual numbers to support that, but the amount of nonsense the Trump campaign is spewing about mail in ballots is completely wrong. If there were massive irregularities, we’d have heard about them, time and time again, from both sides.

If anything, mail in voting will continue to expand now that it has become such a wide spread topic, visible. It’ll be here long after Trump.  

It is a proven system. A reliable system. 

If you read above your last post, you would see I said issues were not common place and if it happened enough to cause major issues, we would hear about it.   My comment was to you saying you did not have any issues with USPS and saying that just because you have not, does not mean others don't.    And like I said, I personally had letters and packages that were delivered to me by mistake.  I never said it would be an issue with votes and I did not even mention the current Administration.  I use USPS to sent checks/money orders for large sums still.

Anyway, with that said...still find it funny that my parents got ballots for family members when they were not even registered in that state but registered in another state.  So essentially, they got 2 sets of ballots from 2 different states.   I hope this is not common place and hope people have the decency not to mail in/fill out the extra ballots.

Also, when the in person balloting returns start flowing in on November 3rd, expect nearly every state outside NY and CA to be red until mail ins are actually counted. With 35% of respondents in this thread alone voting by mail, where all of them indicating they are voting democrat, except maybe one republican, there will be a considerable amount of democratic mail in ballots to count.

Until they actually process mail-in ballots, there won't be any accurate representation of what the count stands at. We won't know for days/weeks. But we all know Trumpets will start seeing the map go from all red on Nov 3, to the usual mix of red/blue in subsequent days, they'll start claiming fraud, sham, interference... basically all the excuses they can find in Trump's twitter feed. 

Too bad there aren't laws that prevent election offices from releasing election counts until all votes have been tallied/certified. I also am always surprised eastern time zone states can start reporting their results prior to the polling places closing in every other time zone. 

I also expect plenty of legal battles as states with red assemblies trying to invalidate any ballot not received on the 3rd, but sent prior. It's going to be a long November. 

Edited by shockz

While the later you send in the ballot may make the count take longer, most states like here in Minnesota have them checked and ready for election day counting or even do early counting. I know here, we can check on the status and if it will be counted, thankfully mine was received and verified on the 1st and will be counted for all selections I made. Usually mail-in ballot numbers are ready prior to election night with only the really late voters lagging the counts. We will see how this year goes as with more people voting by mail and the current admin's willingness to meddle in the Post office, this will be like no other vote in history.

Voting in person here. National and local mixed as I prefer to vote for candidates based on their personal platform, experience and ideas, not party affiliation.  As for cases where the ballot is long with countless state or county ammendments, I download a sample ballot, prepare my ballot choices the weekend before voting and take my voting preferences in and quickly run down the ballot.