Flex seal product

Just curious if anyone has tried it? If yes, does it work well,especially on shingles on a roof? I put a roof vent on my roof for my bathroom fan and I want to make sure the seal is wetproof. Which option is better to use the spray or paint on version? I appreciate any help given.

TIA

I used the tape in a leaky hot tub. Applied it while it was full and under water. Instant fix. It’s been fine for about 6 months. 

Less impressed with the spray version.

Using it for shingles probably wouldn’t produce the best results. The slightest opening can cause leaks. I’d prob use tar or a proper sealer designed for shingles. 

21 hours ago, shockz said:

I used the tape in a leaky hot tub. Applied it while it was full and under water. Instant fix. It’s been fine for about 6 months. 

Less impressed with the spray version.

Using it for shingles probably wouldn’t produce the best results. The slightest opening can cause leaks. I’d prob use tar or a proper sealer designed for shingles. 

Yes, I did use a proper sealer for shingles. I was wondering if a coat of flex seal that will reinforce it even more?

22 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Dad has used it places on his roof for quick patches or small areas.  Works great but I wouldn't use it for to large of an area. 

Do you think I will be ok using it on a 2FT x 2FT area?

2 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Do you think I will be ok using it on a 2FT x 2FT area?

I would think that would be ok.  Depends on the damage really.  Give it a try and see how it goes.  Test it after.  Flex seal is not expensive so if there are issues after, not out much.

works fine for me. Used sticky wide tape to fix my roof.