Looking for a solution

Question

I have 4 security cameras and two of them are the same brand so I can view them through Blue Iris, but the other 2 can not be configured to view in Blue Iris (technically I can get one with quite a bit of work) but the newest one that I just got is a ReoLink, and due to it being a battery camera it can not be setup in Blue Iris, but ReoLink's software of course can view the ReoLink, but not the others (two of the camera's are outside, and the ReoLink will be outside as well), so I would really like to be able to view all 3 outdoor camera's without having to use 2 different programs.

3 answers to this question

It appears to just be a limitation of those battery powered units.

From Reolink website:  "Note: Accessing through 3-party software is currently not available for Reolink battery-powered cameras to save battery life."

https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003601394-How-to-Add-Reolink-Cameras-to-Blue-Iris

13 minutes ago, farmeunit said:

It appears to just be a limitation of those battery powered units.

From Reolink website:  "Note: Accessing through 3-party software is currently not available for Reolink battery-powered cameras to save battery life."

https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003601394-How-to-Add-Reolink-Cameras-to-Blue-Iris

Yeah, I saw that, which is why I was hoping for another solution.

Sorry couldn't be more help.  I'm starting to look at doing something similar now, but didn't realize this being an issue, either, so good to know.  We have a Ring Doorbell, but their controls are kind of lackluster.  I want something a little more full-featured.