Electric razor shaving

Bruinator

For those of you who use an electric razor, I am wondering if you use and pre shaving gel/cream/oil to get a closer shave? If yes, what product do you use?

TIA

+jnelsoninjax
6 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

For those of you who use an electric razor, I am wondering if you use and pre shaving gel/cream/oil to get a closer shave? If yes, what product do you use?

TIA

I use both electric and regular razor. With electric I do not use anything, I have tried a few different products over the years, but they really did nothing for my type of hair.

+spikey_richie

No, but I do this:

1) Ensure the razor head is clear before turning on (bash it over the trash can to empty the shavings out)

2) Every 6 months or so, put a small amount of oil in the blades/mechanism

3) I only shave dry, even though my Bosch razor says it's OK for wet shaving

4) Don't shave on a low battery, it'll pull the hairs

5) If you're going for clean-shaven, moisturise, moisturise, moisturise once you've finished. If you're going for a trim, get some beard oil on there. 

Brandon H

I tried a few electric razors years ago when I first started shaving and they always just gave me bad razor burn no matter what I did and wasn't a close enough shave for my taste.

Now a days I tend to grow my beard out but when I do shave or trim up I just use a manual razor and shaving cream. Specifically I've become a huge fan of the Defender Razor, it gives me a close smooth shave without clogging the blades or any razor burn; this is largely thanks to the unique design with independent pivoting blades :) 

froggyliver

Proraso Shaving Cream but I don't use electric because of razor burn. I use Dorco razors which are great and less money. They even shipped me a whole packet of razors for free once as a thank you. I use their 6 blade. Oh and use Proraso Pre-Shave Cream if your skin is sensitive before the normal cream and then use Proraso After Shave Balm for after your done.