sfc /scannow command cause

Hi. the support team of the Elgato 4K Capture cards told me to write the cmd command sfc /scannow to help me with their 4k60 S+ model which is producing tearing on screen.

After typing the command I have a problem with all Unity games as they run with the characters lagging while running (also games run 30-40% slower)

https://youtu.be/P-uQ4ykwmLI

I even tried to Restore windows to an older date when I was running my games without problems but the problem still occurs!

Note that the capture is from a high-end Desktop PC and now I have the same problem running other games as well, while my particular game runs normally even in my laptop.

Can someone help? Thank you.

Edited by Manos

What do you mean input problem?

The same thing happens to all my games since I typed that command.

On the other hand the same game that you see on the video runs perfect on my lower specs laptop.

8 hours ago, wakjak said:

That video looks like an input problem, not a display capture problem.

2 hours ago, Manos said:

What do you mean input problem?

I think wakjak means that it looks like the computer is thinking that you are tapping the directional button very quickly rather than pushing and holding it, so the character keeps stopping and starting.

Have you tried reinstalling one of the games, or maybe installing another game that uses Unity?

• 2 weeks later...

That command has nothing to do with those games. It looks for and replaces corrupted Windows system files meaning files that are specific to the Windows OS. 

The proper way to run it is to run the DISM first then the sfc.

Open a command prompt as Admin by clicking start, type cmd, then CTRL + Shift + Enter

And elevated command window should open. In this window, copy and paste this:  DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth           hit enter and let it finish.

Then in the same command window, copy and paste SFC /SCANNOW         hit enter and let it finish. Hopefully you'll see either "found no corruption" or "found corruption and repaired them"

I don't think this will fix your issue. I put it here for your future reference and others.

Edit:

I agree on the input. Try another keyboard.

• Like 2