[FAKE] Smoking Xbox Series X?

Crazy, I haven't seen this reported anywhere so it's probably isolated at this point.   Fingers crossed all goes well for everyone who gets one, me included.     That should be replaced by MS, no questions asked.

Jez Corden reckons its possibly fake because it looks like vape smoke. Also because he claims that the Xbox hosts nothing that would burn like that.

• Like 1

I wonder what they expect to get by staging it though...is it just for the internet points? If I were them I would want to be playing with my new console. But if they expect anything from this they will need to send the device back, depriving them of gaming time...

Brad Sams says it's fake too. I know Jez and Brad could be wrong but I'd take their word over a random Redditor's any day ;) 

Also interesting:

OK, so it was just people trying to get famous. Figured it couldn't have been that bad.

What about the reddit post? Anyone got that dismissed as a con?

• spikey_richie changed the title to [FAKE] Smoking Xbox Series X?

It's a shame that the above seems like just a quick way to get some fame or to try to make the system look bad and hurt sales. 

So it turns out the Reddit thread was (at first glance) legit. It was locked yesterday, but it has been updated

Update

Spoke to MS, got a replacement sorted. Should be delivered over the next 7 business days apparently. They asked me to unplug the device and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then plug it back in to see if it powers up.

It didn't power up lol, whatever caused the sizzling noise has completely knackered it internally. Hopefully I will receive my new one soon.

Reddit mods have also re-instated the post.

So far there's been a few reports of the optical drives having issues, but those have always been something that's had issues for consoles since the PS1 days in my experience.   Glad I'm going digital and don't care for the drive one way or another.

1 hour ago, spikey_richie said:

So it turns out the Reddit thread was (at first glance) legit. It was locked yesterday, but it has been updated

Reddit mods have also re-instated the post.

Would be funny if something like a roach crawled up in there, and that was the sizzling which in turn shorted something out.