Need a suggestion on how to proceed with an annoying issue.

So almost daily, I get a phone call from a number without a name, or the name is something crazy. Now whenever I answer the call, it is an automated message, but in Spanish, and all I understand is press 2 to be taken of the list. I have done this repeatably, and have even pressed 1 to talk to someone, but when I ask them ¿hablas ingles? they say no. Now these calls come from different phone numbers, so blocking them is pointless. It is getting frustrating, and I am about ready to call the provider and ask them for a new number, but I really do not want to have to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try to do? I do not speak fluent Spanish, and only understand it when it's being spoken slow, so attempting to talk to them is out of the question, and since I do not know when they are going to call I can't enlist my Spanish speakings neighbors.

Have you tried doing a search on any of the numbers to see if anything comes up?

Also, you say that the number displays without a name, or the name is something crazy. Is the crazy name the same each time it displays the name? Does the crazy name turn up anything in a search? What is the crazy name, maybe someone here can find something on it for you.

7 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Have you tried doing a search on any of the numbers to see if anything comes up?

Also, you say that the number displays without a name, or the name is something crazy. Is the crazy name the same each time it displays the name? Does the crazy name turn up anything in a search? What is the crazy name, maybe someone here can find something on it for you.

Yes, and I have even tried to call the number(s) back, but they are mysteriously not in service.

For example, this number just called me, I did not answer it, because I am certain that it is the same call that I get all the time:

https://www.reversephonelookup.com/number/3058976079/

Nothing listed, it's most likely a VOIP number.

7 hours ago, neoraptor said:

have you considered instead of blacklisting to whitelist everybody from your contacts?

Not at this time, I am looking for work, and my cell phone is my only method for contact

7 hours ago, spikey_richie said:

Have you contacted your provider?

Not yet, I am going to assume that the best that they can do for me is to offer me a new number, but I will reach out to them and see if there is anything that they can do besides that.

Your provider might offer spam call protection, or something similar. On tmobile I am enrolled in spam protection and its helped tremendously, I either dont even see the call or it warns me of potential spam. I think the first mistake made was interacting with the call, that usually invites them to keep calling you because they (their system) has confirmed a human posses the account.

I had the same problem a good few years ago, my mobile is now something i am very reluctant to give out. To the point where i have a PAYG sim that handles things like Domino's and deliveries that need a phone number as it was impossible to get rid of these calls. 

Personally after trying to block, contacting the provider it was easier just to go for a new number. I know it's not what you want to hear but i found once my number was out there, like spam emails more and more marketing companies started calling. 

• Like 1

On 26/11/2020 at 00:30, Xahid said:

Try App like Truecaller or Showcaller, not only they identify the Caller but also Telemarketers.

I am using Truecaller, but it does not seem to filter these calls out because they show up as a person or a legit business. I am guessing that 99% of the calls are done using VoIP, so they can randomly show up from different numbers.

14 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I am using Truecaller, but it does not seem to filter these calls out because they show up as a person or a legit business. I am guessing that 99% of the calls are done using VoIP, so they can randomly show up from different numbers.

I see, but even if they're VOiP Telemarketers, you should always mark them as spammer, and block them, eventually all of their numbers will blocked.

I don't think you are "targeted" by someone to giveup your sim number.

8 hours ago, Xahid said:

I see, but even if they're VOiP Telemarketers, you should always mark them as spammer, and block them, eventually all of their numbers will blocked.

I don't think you are "targeted" by someone to giveup your sim number.

I never said I was targeted, and I do mark every number that calls as spam.