MalwareBytes CM Deal Question

I purchased this software on Black Friday a while back. My sub auto renewed ($39.99) on the same day they offered half off for their Black Friday sale ($19.99). I finally heard a response from them today and they said this promotion is not valid for current subscribers. Has anyone ever been successful applying these deal to an existing sub? If this is the case I would just buy it, let my sub lapse, and then apply it as a new user. This is BS that they are saying subs can't use this.

Help me out here guys. What an ordeal this has been.

I assume many people are using MalwareBytes here? Everyone is paying the full upgrade price instead of using the Black Friday deal each year? I just went through a big ordeal with their billing. Apparently the Black Friday deals are not for existing customers. So I had to get a refund which will take 7 days. At this point I'm no longer a customer and then I had to purchase a license again for the discounted rate. WTF? This is crazy. I guess next year I'll have to remember to deactivate my sub and then purchase a new license as a new user again.

Am I doing it wrong? 

I've only used the free version, but their deals sound like any other company. For example, there was an advert for a credit card on the TV the other day. If you got a credit card and spent X amount of money they would give you 5000 points for something (I don't know, I wasn't interested). Underneath in the fine print it pointed out that the deal only applied if you were not a customer already and had not been a customer for the past 24 months.

These deals are designed to be incentives for new customers, not their existing base. If you want to try and take advantage of the deal you will probably have to jump through some hoops.

The Free version stopped letting you clean, didn't it?  I used to love it, but have moved onto others.  It doesn't seem nearly as useful as before, but maybe that's me.

On topic.  It's a shame companies won't honor deals.  It's like cell phone companies never giving subscribers a break.  That being said, the consumer has the power to buy or not.  If you choose to not purchase, let them know why.   Maybe it will change, or they'll at least honor the deal.  It's ultimately up to you.  If you like the product, you're paying to support it, so it shouldn't matter as much.  You knew it going on what the price was.

1 minute ago, farmeunit said:

The Free version stopped letting you clean, didn't it?  I used to love it, but have moved onto others.  It doesn't seem nearly as useful as before, but maybe that's me.

agreed, Malwarebytes really went down hill after the major rewrite of the 3.x versions and I haven't used it since.

mostly use ClamWin now and the Kaspersky Rescue Disc on a USB for scanning when needed outside of Windows Defender

10 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

agreed, Malwarebytes really went down hill after the major rewrite of the 3.x versions and I haven't used it since.

mostly use ClamWin now and the Kaspersky Rescue Disc on a USB for scanning when needed outside of Windows Defender

Yes, it did go down hill about that time, which is why I'm still using version 3.6.1. That was the last version that would still let you disable it's service from running constantly. Still works great though.

To OP: Can't think of a single company that will let you subscribe as a new customer when currently using their product, or, do what you want to do, in  other words.

Sorry didn't get a notification that anyone replied.

Well I ended up asking for a refund. As a result I was no longer a premium subscriber which means no real time protection. I then signed up again and got the deal. It was only a $20 difference but it was the principal of it for me. You're right that these companies treat loyal existing customers like sh*t.