Program to stream music from desktop to Google (smart) enabled device?

Question

I have a Lenovo smart alarm clock, and it has a built in speaker and I would like to stream music from my desktop to it (perhaps using the phone as a control?), would Plex work for that, or is there an easier method besides copying music to the cell phone and then streaming that way?

4 answers to this question

Can you attach this speaker via bluetooth to your phone?  If so than any app that can stream your music to your phone would work.  Sure plex works for that if you have your music in plex..

A quick look shows that it has bluetooth 5.. So I would think anything you can play on your phone via any app at all should be able to use that as its speaker..

1 hour ago, BudMan said:

Can you attach this speaker via bluetooth to your phone?  If so than any app that can stream your music to your phone would work.  Sure plex works for that if you have your music in plex..

A quick look shows that it has bluetooth 5.. So I would think anything you can play on your phone via any app at all should be able to use that as its speaker..

I will have to play around and see if I can connect the phone to the speaker, I don't see why I couldn't.

Can connect Lenovo Smart Clock to both PC directly and phone also via Bluetooth. If you have the Essential version, the Smart Clock Essential can send its audio to another Bluetooth speaker in another room too.

Edited by MS Bob 10

I did a quick search and found that it was very easy to pair the clock to the phone (OK Google, setup bluetooth), and I setup Plex and it works just fine.