bg removal

Question

This isnt showing off skills its a request but I didnt really know where else to put it...

say i had an image with a person in it and i wanted to remove the person from the background(cleanly), how would i go about doing that.

I'm sure its easy as hell I've just never really given it a shot.

5 answers to this question

Well if youve got a steady hand, a really steady hand you could try to use the lasso tool in photoshop to manually draw around the person to select it then use the move tool to transfer it to another "window" if you like.

I have had some really good results in cutting images out of backgrounds using the lasso tool.

Oh or you could simply do (you may have to invert it ctrl+i) then hit delete on your keyboard to delete the background from it.

Goto http://www.adammellor.worldonline.co.uk/My...Backgrounds.htm look at the first picture (the beach babes one) and i cut the women with the yellow bikini, the four smaller pics and the beach babes title out using the lasso tool. So you can see that it is a useful tool to use.

Right, ive gone on for far to long, hope this helps.

oh do you mean remove the person to keep the person, or do you mean remove the person to keep the background?

If its just to keep the person you can do what ive said above.

If its to keep the background i dont know, i think it depends on how the image was at first. if its done in someat like photoshop with layers, it might be possible, but if its made with a photograph then i dont think it could be done.

I dont have a particular picture right now, but in the past I've wanted to do it and never knew how.

I've tried to just use the lasso but it always comes out all jagged and leaves parts of the bg in. Does one of the filters in PS clean it up? Or would I have zoom in and clean.

I dont really want someone to do it for me, I want to learn how to so I can do it whenever I need/want to.

And yes, I want ther person/object, not the bg.

errm you might have to use the eraser tool to cut it down but when you select the lasso tool you can select a feathering. set that to about 25 or something (experiment) and it fades the edges out so it isnt a hard edge if you looked at that pic i gave a link to. if you look at the smaller type of boxed in pics, the edges sort of fade out, that what feathering does.

But you only see the feathering when you move the selection