Antivirus and android?

Hi guys. I am interested in buying an antivirus for home that works on multiplatform (PCs, phones, etc). My question here if android phones comes with antivirus preinstalled from the manufacturer, what happens if I installed another one? I am not saying that what they got preinstalled is bad, I am just more comfortable with what I will purchased?

I need just some clarification on what happens if I installed an antivirus on android with another antivirus preinstalled.

Please advice me.

Thanks,   

What antivirus are you doing? McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky, etc.

A lot of antivirus are multiplayer.  What are you doing are you doing Windows/Linux/OS? Android/iOS?

20 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

A lot of antivirus are multiplayer.  What are you doing are you doing Windows/Linux/OS? Android/iOS?

Trojan horse has entered the game!

I think he's on Windows and Android.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Yea, he never specified that saying "works on multiplatform (PCs, phones, etc)"

Hello,

Usually you have the option to disable—if not outright uninstall—the pre-loaded security application.  That may, however, depend on whether the device manufacturer or the carrier installed it.  If it cannot be uninstalled via the GUI it may still be possible to do so over ADB, but again, this is some thing to check with whomever preloaded the security software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

14 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I am thinking about buying Bitdefender, and I didn't mention it since I am still not sure if I am doing so, also it may go off topic for which is the best antivirus?

1 hour ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Usually you have the option to disable—if not outright uninstall—the pre-loaded security application.  That may, however, depend on whether the device manufacturer or the carrier installed it.  If it cannot be uninstalled via the GUI it may still be possible to do so over ADB, but again, this is some thing to check with whomever preloaded the security software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am having Huawei at the moment and I may switch to Samsung next year. As far as I know both have antiviruses build-in and it cant be uninstalled which if it happens, I believe it will cause issues to the system it self. And also, I don't think it can be disabled.

8 hours ago, deep1234 said:

I am thinking about buying Bitdefender, and I didn't mention it since I am still not sure if I am doing so, also it may go off topic for which is the best antivirus?

I am having Huawei at the moment and I may switch to Samsung next year. As far as I know both have antiviruses build-in and it cant be uninstalled which if it happens, I believe it will cause issues to the system it self. And also, I don't think it can be disabled.

Follow this guide and you can remove/disable almost every program that is installed on the phone.

• Like 2

Hello,

The majority of companies which make security software for Windows also have Android versions as well.  You can check with the one(s) you are interested in using to see if their program will work on your device, and if they provide instructions/assistance in disabling any software preloaded by the device manufacturer or carrier.  That is a fairly standard type of inquiry they answer. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that pretty much every manufacturer out there offers a trial license of some kind, so you can try the various ones out that you are interested and make sure that they work with all of your different devices before you make a purchase.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 08/12/2020 at 23:57, deep1234 said:

I am pretty sure Samsung phones don't come with anti-virus software. You are NOT rooting your phone right? If that is the case you don't really need anti-virus software on your phone. On the PC, Windows Defender is more than good enough. I don't really recommend 3rd-party anti-virus software these days as it's all mostly crap. Why do you feel you need it? You do want an ad-blocking solution.

Edited by Superuser