Is there a way to export text from Excel/PPT to a neat PDF so I can show to clients? (long story) [including examples]

Question

freedonX

Alright...let me give a give a background where I'm coming from and what I want to do.

I have over 20 years experience "with computers and IT", started using the Internet from 1996 and my latest job (as an employee) was working at Accenture for 7 years as a consultant. 
Back in the day, I managed to get a MCP (Microsoft Certified Profesional) and CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate). 

I was more on the hardware and system administration part, than programming/coding. Though I did learn a bit of SQL, C++, ASP.net [of course that was more than 10 years ago...]

Though I changed course in my life as a profession and now I'm an independant Insurance Agent in Mexico (clarifying as it might be  different in the rest of the world).

You can imagine there is a handful of people who actually know about technology, and you actually still have fingers left. It's a heck of funny, but more scary really, that the vast majority of folks have the mininum knowledge of "computers". My colleages are 40~ ish old, from them I can understand, but from people 25 years it sure makes you think that unless you study it or work at it, people are lights years behind.

anyways....my problem...

Like I said, coding was never my strong skill.

I show my clients 3 types of forms; One is a PDF presentation of the quotation of the insurance they are buying, another is an email template of the actual product they bought and another a formal letter (MS Word).

For formal letter I think it's pretty straight forward, it has my businesss logo, telephone, the body of text, space for a signature, address and so forth. 80% of the text is the same and in the same location, just changes specific data of THAT client.

The first though, the quotation, I use to well...send quotations . The company I manage the insurance products has very awful quotations, so I have an separate Excel or Powerpoint (1 slide) that has same block of text than the company quotation, just changes some aspects, one of them is the price, other are the items ordered (just to name a few) but I have more graphical figures and I have my own logo. When I do a new quotation, I select the text I want to change manually (double click on the text itself, I delete the old information, put the new, save the PPT/XLS and then print as PDF and send it to the client.

The email template, as you can image, are emails I send very frequently which have 90% same text, but changes on the client name, the article they ordered and so worth. Similar to the PPT/XLS I want just want to edit out the new unique information.

So based on 3 types of formats that I use. Is there some sort of way to just type my text and autofill/preload these fields. This will avoid me lots of time and also possible I might accidenttly delete a space, a color, a letter (as it would happen on the email template, ppt, xls, etc)??.

I'm not married to PPT/Word/standard email...it's what I started using, I just want to find a program or platform that will prompt me for every single different line and it will prefill. That's the goal, it's a highoverview, that's my neccesity.

I use Jotform.com for my webforms, I asked support my question, but it's not exactly how I want it.
Also use sendblue.com for my massive emails (only to my clients). I use this when I need to communicate something to everyone

Any suggestions?

Email template.png

PPT template.png

formal letter.png

Edited by freedonX

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft pokes fun at WhatsApp privacy fiasco, recommends Skype instead
      by Usama Jawad

WhatsApp recently updated its privacy policy, with users being notified that their data would be shared with Facebook and other companies. While people can opt out for now, this will become a mandatory requirement to accept after February 8. The service received a lot of criticism for the move, especially considering that it stated that no such thing would happen when it was acquired by Facebook back in 2014. Prominent figures including Elon Musk are now urging the public to move to Signal, with the platform seeing a massive spike in new registrations.

Now, Microsoft's social media team has poked fun at the fiasco as well, and recommended that users migrate to Skype.

In a tweet from the official Skype account, Microsoft has boasted that it keeps the personal data of users private and does not share it with third-parties:

Additionally, the URL points to Microsoft's privacy policy statement, which outlines what kind of data the firm collects from users and how it is used. It's a lengthy page that most people will ignore, but it's recommended that you go through it if you are indeed considering migrating from WhatsApp due to privacy concerns.

Despite all the backlash, it seems a bit unlikely that WhatsApp will reverse course. The firm probably anticipated this feedback, and is likely banking on the furore to die down within the next few weeks.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft reveals details of requests filed by U.S. government to access customer data
      by Usama Jawad

Microsoft has insisted on numerous occasions that it believes that organizations should play an active role in ensuring the privacy of their customers rather than simply relying on state legislature. Now, the company has revealed details of three instances where it fought for its customers' right to know that access to their data has been requested by the U.S. government.

Original gavel image via Brian Turner / Flickr Microsoft believes that its customers need to know when the government has requested access to their emails or other documents. As such, the company has challenged at least three secrecy orders in the past year in favor of its enterprise customers knowing about requests from law enforcement.

The first case was from a federal court in Maryland which prohibited it from informing the customer about an ongoing investigation. Microsoft challenged this decision in December 2019, with the case going in its favor in January 2020. The court documents were unsealed this week and can be viewed here. Although the organization's name has been redacted, the document reveals that while Microsoft initially complied to the government request, it later challenged that the counsel for the company in question needs to know about the order. However, the court strictly emphasized that if information is disclosed to individuals other than the counsel - especially the people being targeted in the investigation -, the whole operation would be jeopardized.

In the second case, there was a similar request from a federal court in New York, which Microsoft challenged in September 2020. The U.S. government agreed to inform the customer in October 2020 and the unsealed email related to this matter can be seen here. Once again, the customer in question has not been explicitly named.

The third case is an ongoing one which Microsoft has been fighting for the past two years. This also comes from another federal court in New York. Recently, the company has received legal support from various organizations and partners such as Amazon, Google, Apple, Associated Press, and The Washington Post, among others. This aid comes in the form of five amicus briefs - which are supporting documents through which the firms will be providing technical assistance and expertise to the court.

Microsoft went on to say that:

It is important to remember that these three cases highlighted by Microsoft are likely only some of the secrecy orders that the company has fought against. There are possibly other requests that the Redmond tech giant is not allowed to disclose as of yet because court orders for those have not yet been unsealed. Regardless, it does give a clear view that Microsoft is committed to ensuring the privacy of its customers and safeguarding their legal rights.

• By zikalify
      Three to offer disadvantaged school kids unlimited data
      by Paul Hill

Earlier this week, it was announced that the UK was returning to lockdown with hospitals set to be overwhelmed in just three weeks if nothing was done. Schools have, in turn, closed to all students except those of key workers. To assist children learning from home, Three has decided to offer free unlimited data upgrades to disadvantaged school children in England so they can engage in remote learning.

To get connected with the free unlimited data, students will have to let their school know that they don't already have internet access at home; the data will then be provided for the student's household through the Department for Education's 'Get Help with Technology' programme. Three said that it'll provide the free unlimited data until the end of the school year in July.

Commenting on the news, Three UK Chief Commercial Officer Elaine Carey said:

Each of the mobile carriers in the country have taken measures since last March to help people stay connected. For example, Three has provided customers with zero-rated calls to NHS 101, NHS websites, and video consultations. Along with EE, Three has also offered free unlimited data upgrades for NHS frontline staff who are dealing with an increased workload due to the virus.

• By Scylla
      Back in 2016, a couple of friends and I have founded Turn-Based Tactics, a Steam group dedicated to our fav genre and run by gamers for gamers. It sort of snowballed as we now have over six thousand members. Every Saturday we post an update wrapping up the news of the week: new releases and expansions, announcements, betas, demos, crowdfunding campaigns, etc.

Over the time this precious data was compiled into a database. It currently includes over a thousand (!) games sorted by release date, subgenre, dev, country, price, reviews, metascore… Let me know if you spot any game missing or if you have any other feedback. Note that we had to limit ourselves to Steam as including other platforms would represent too much of a scope. 
    • By News Staff
      How forward-thinking government agencies bring data to every action - Free eBook
      by Steven Parker

Claim this complimentary eBook for free today, before the offer expires.

What's it about?

To better serve the public good, modern public agencies across the globe are bringing data to every aspect of their work. From municipal governments, public education and healthcare to defense, law enforcement and cutting-edge scientific research, Splunk helps public sector agency leaders ensure mission success by driving confident decisions and decisive actions at speeds their missions demand.

In this free e-book, you’ll discover how agencies as varied as Bank of England, Dubai Airports, Sandia National Labs, City of Gold Coast and U.S. Census Bureau are using Splunk’s Data-to-Everything Platform. Download your copy today.

How to get it
      Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last!

>> How forward-thinking government agencies bring data to every action - Free eBook <<
      Offered by Splunk, view other free resources | Limited time offer

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Or via our preferred partner:

How can I disable these posts? Click here.

Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.