Will J-Rich Win the Slam Dunk Contest Again?

Will He Still Be The Champ ?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will He Still Be The Champ ?

• Yes
    • No

i never heard of him before. i always thought vince carter would own these.

oh well. guess i should get caught up a lil more on the bball season... since football is over and i despise baseball.

I agree with Toxikk that Vince Carter is the man when it comes to slam dunking and I think he will win this year. I can't remember, but wasn't Carter injured last year and was unable to participate?

If your asking a question, make it a question. I think J-Rich is going to win the slam dunk? or Who is going to win the slam dunk? You make it sound like it's already happened, that's why I came in here

remember when vince carter jumped over that dude in the olympics to dunk? that was money.

too bad they never released the rights to show the video.

And that is why he is Dr. Funk. :wacko:

i never heard of him before. i always thought vince carter would own these.

oh well. guess i should get caught up a lil more on the bball season... since football is over and i despise baseball.

Football's not over - there's always the AFL!! :p :p

Love Live Arena Football!! :p :p

I agree with Toxikk that Vince Carter is the man when it comes to slam dunking and I think he will win this year.  I can't remember, but wasn't Carter injured last year and was unable to participate?

Unfortunately, Vince Carter is not participating this year. The contestants for this year's Slam Dunk Contest are Jason Richardson, Ricky Davis, Chris Andersen, & Fred Jones. No disrespect to Jason Richardson or any of the other contestants, but the past few years the Slam Dunk Contest has been rather disappointing. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before where contestants had to spin the wheel and perform the dunk stated. It was ridiculous. Steve Francis got the short end when his dunk required him to palm the ball when he was incapable of doing that.

The Slam Dunk Contest is a joke anymore. The real all-stars don't compete in it anymore. It's more of a younger player event. The last time I watched it there was nothing new either. It's like there is no higher level to take dunking too. Maybe this year will be better.

Did anyone catch the ESPN's Top Ten the other day with Fred Jones, I think that was his name. Had some nice dunks, even though they were nothing spectacular. :happy:

The block with the head on the board :shifty:

Unfortunately, Vince Carter is not participating this year. The contestants for this year's Slam Dunk Contest are Jason Richardson, Ricky Davis, Chris Andersen, & Fred Jones. No disrespect to Jason Richardson or any of the other contestants, but the past few years the Slam Dunk Contest has been rather disappointing. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before where contestants had to spin the wheel and perform the dunk stated. It was ridiculous. Steve Francis got the short end when his dunk required him to palm the ball when he was incapable of doing that.

Gah I just saw that when I was eating lunch today and watching sports center. What a disappointment,just like the 20 minute segment on how my favorite team, the Sixers, are falling apart.

King James is actually considering entering the dunk contest now, which would shake things up and give it some viewers. I personally hope Freddy Jones wins because I'm from Indiana. But I think Ricky Davis has a good chance if the judges don't screw him over "for the good of the game".

Yeah, I think Jason will win it again. He'll be the first 3-peat champion. Why? Because he doesn't just "fly" or "have hops", the dude has absolute POWER on his dunks. He got a 50 last year from a simple windmill jam, which any athletic dunker can do, but not since Dominique Wilkins has there been that kind of power generated.

I remember seeing Fred Jones do some absolutely sick stuff at Oregon the past few years. I wouldn't mind it if he won. As long as LeBron doesn't win, it doesn't matter.

And I agree, Steve Francis should've won that year. I mean, he was at least 4 inches shorter than the next guy, but his dunks were more exciting I thought. Oh well, time for J-Rich to bring another trophy back to the Bay :p

King James is actually considering entering the dunk contest now, which would shake things up and give it some viewers. I personally hope Freddy Jones wins because I'm from Indiana. But I think Ricky Davis has a good chance if the judges don't screw him over "for the good of the game".

Yeah it would be great

In more it is sprite which organize the contest

King James is actually considering entering the dunk contest now, which would shake things up and give it some viewers.

Lebron said after last nights game that he will definitely NOT participate because he is trying to rest up. If he was in it would definitely make it much better.

That would generate some buzz though which is sorely missing from the dunk contest (How about a LBJ and Melo final?). It used to be a pride thing but now its pretty much a joke. Maybe it could be a contract incentive. Id bet some big name stars would come out if it had some cash-o-lios attached to the trophy.

Lebron said after last nights game that he will definitely NOT participate because he is trying to rest up. If he was in it would definitely make it much better.

Lol, I was watching the Sports Center clips of it last night. He got raped by the Nets.