Skype question

I have been video chatting with my wife via skype, but the video quality is really dark (for both of us) audio is fine, but she tells me I am often black and white, and she appears dark with muted colors. Is this an issue with the camera or the connection?

45 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Are you doing it over wired or wireless? This on your phone or computer/laptop?

Wired and PC

Speed.PNG.d90fbf427aa62a4030eaa7784be6239c.PNG

easiest way to determine if it's the app or hardware would be to try another video calling app like facebook or discord or teams (teams is available for personal use now)

34 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

easiest way to determine if it's the app or hardware would be to try another video calling app like facebook or discord or teams (teams is available for personal use now)

Forgot to mention that when I chatted with my mother using Zoom, she indicated my color kept shifting to a neon green, and then would come back, but to me she was perfectly colored, so is it Skype? Also, I do not have nor do I ever plan on getting a Facebook account. Also I only paid $10 for this camera, so my expectations are not very high!

2 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Forgot to mention that when I chatted with my mother using Zoom, she indicated my color kept shifting to a neon green, and then would come back, but to me she was perfectly colored, so is it Skype? Also, I do not have nor do I ever plan on getting a Facebook account. Also I only paid $10 for this camera, so my expectations are not very high!

yeah with this extra info it sounds like a combination of skype (for your wife appearing dark and muted) and your camera (for the weirdness with your video feed)

Just now, Brandon H said:

yeah with this extra info it sounds like a combination of skype (for your wife appearing dark and muted) and your camera (for the weirdness with your video feed)

Well for $10 I really can't complain! :D

Hello,

Did you have multiple videoconferencing/messaging applications capable of accessing the camera running at the same time the video conference was going on (even if they weren't actively being used)?  If so, does exiting all other applications except the one you are using make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

2 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Did you have multiple videoconferencing/messaging applications capable of accessing the camera running at the same time the video conference was going on (even if they weren't actively being used)?  If so, does exiting all other applications except the one you are using make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Interesting thought. I do have other programs, but they are not running (even in the background) so that would not be the case here.

7 minutes ago, helpifIcan said:

FYI zoom just released an update to fix the green issue.

Cool! I will update it then, I don't use it very much, but I will keep it updated!