• 0

Skype question


 Share

Question

I have been video chatting with my wife via skype, but the video quality is really dark (for both of us) audio is fine, but she tells me I am often black and white, and she appears dark with muted colors. Is this an issue with the camera or the connection?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
45 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Are you doing it over wired or wireless? This on your phone or computer/laptop?

Wired and PC

Speed.PNG.d90fbf427aa62a4030eaa7784be6239c.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

easiest way to determine if it's the app or hardware would be to try another video calling app like facebook or discord or teams (teams is available for personal use now)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
34 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

easiest way to determine if it's the app or hardware would be to try another video calling app like facebook or discord or teams (teams is available for personal use now)

Forgot to mention that when I chatted with my mother using Zoom, she indicated my color kept shifting to a neon green, and then would come back, but to me she was perfectly colored, so is it Skype? Also, I do not have nor do I ever plan on getting a Facebook account. Also I only paid $10 for this camera, so my expectations are not very high!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Forgot to mention that when I chatted with my mother using Zoom, she indicated my color kept shifting to a neon green, and then would come back, but to me she was perfectly colored, so is it Skype? Also, I do not have nor do I ever plan on getting a Facebook account. Also I only paid $10 for this camera, so my expectations are not very high!

yeah with this extra info it sounds like a combination of skype (for your wife appearing dark and muted) and your camera (for the weirdness with your video feed)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, Brandon H said:

yeah with this extra info it sounds like a combination of skype (for your wife appearing dark and muted) and your camera (for the weirdness with your video feed)

Well for $10 I really can't complain! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hello,

 

Did you have multiple videoconferencing/messaging applications capable of accessing the camera running at the same time the video conference was going on (even if they weren't actively being used)?  If so, does exiting all other applications except the one you are using make any difference?

 

Regards,

 

Aryeh Goretsky

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

 

Did you have multiple videoconferencing/messaging applications capable of accessing the camera running at the same time the video conference was going on (even if they weren't actively being used)?  If so, does exiting all other applications except the one you are using make any difference?

 

Regards,

 

Aryeh Goretsky

 

Interesting thought. I do have other programs, but they are not running (even in the background) so that would not be the case here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 minutes ago, helpifIcan said:

FYI zoom just released an update to fix the green issue.

Cool! I will update it then, I don't use it very much, but I will keep it updated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.