Logitech MX Master 3 - change order for devices..

Hi all, nice to see everything is going well here.

I have a short and probably easy question for mx owners.. As you know you have the option to switch from one device-to-another by simply clicking that special button (below). The ideea is nice but I want it this way :

1 - PC

2 - Laptop

3 - Ipad

Right now.. Ipad -1 ; Laptop - 2 and PC -3 . How can I change the mapping? Haven't found anything in their software.

Thanks a lot.

You hold down one of the numbered buttons to start pairing mode (it will blink quickly) and then use your device to pair it via BT in the order you desire.

Worked..thanks. Wonder if posibile to invert direction for scroll from ipados. Or maybe install  their software if available for ipados. 

Noticed also that : on bluetooth devices (ipad & laptop) the connection was easily done.. but on pc with the logitech receiver refuses to connect even I set on mouse to blink on 1. 😔

Edited by Cosmin

29 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Worked..thanks. Wonder if posibile to invert direction for scroll from ipados. Or maybe install  their software if available for ipados. 

Noticed also that : on bluetooth devices (ipad & laptop) the connection was easily done.. but on pc with the logitech receiver refuses to connect even I set on mouse to blink on 1. 😔

You might need to use the unifying software to change slots for the receiver. Not sure on that one. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

You might need to use the unifying software to change slots for the receiver. Not sure on that one. 

Also if you want the "virtual" dual screen set up you need to install the Logi Options software and configure flow on both your Laptop and Desktop, I have it set up with my iMac and PC since their on the same desk and use slot 3 for my work laptop (manually have to switch since the logi options software isn't approved...).

MX Master 3 Manual

3 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

Also if you want the "virtual" dual screen set up you need to install the Logi Options software and configure flow on both your Laptop and Desktop, I have it set up with my iMac and PC since their on the same desk and use slot 3 for my work laptop (manually have to switch since the logi options software isn't approved...).

MX Master 3 Manual

I’ve never been able to get that working. 😕

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I’ve never been able to get that working. 😕

They have to be on the same vlan/subnet and if your running hyperv on your desktop... can't use bridge mode for the vswitch... (unless you have dual nics, which i do but dont have hooked up...)

Hopefully I don't need the flow-feature for it.. and I have to specify that I own the normal version of MX 3, not the mac one.

The sad part is that I've read that on ipad invert-scroll direction is not possible. For W10 I've did it from their software.. I wonder how you're actually feeling with scroll inversed..

6 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Hopefully I don't need the flow-feature for it.. and I have to specify that I own the normal version of MX 3, not the mac one.

The sad part is that I've read that on ipad invert-scroll direction is not possible. For W10 I've did it from their software.. I wonder how you're actually feeling with scroll inversed..

Doesn't matter which version you own, they're actually the same and can pair with the same devices, the only difference with the Mac one is it doesn't come with the Unifying receiver, the usb dongle)  Also my scroll is set up normal. and I don't use it with an iPad (actually dont own a modern ipad, my ipad is an iPad 2 and no longer used).

For your scrolling issue, try going into the Settings app -> General -> Mouse and Trackpad and turn off Natural Scrolling

I've also found on google some words related to.. AssistiveTouch. I'll try your method first anyway.

It's very sad that logitech is not focusing as much as it's normal on ipados14.

If you're using it on a mac then you have the logitech software dedicated and that's no problem.

4 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

I've also found on google some words related to.. AssistiveTouch. I'll try your method first anyway.

It's very sad that logitech is not focusing as much as it's normal on ipados14.

If you're using it on a mac then you have the logitech software dedicated and that's no problem.

Has nothing to do with Logitech, that affects all bluetooth mice brands lol.

Scroll direction is controlled by the OS, not the driver/hardware vendor.  Logitech may put it in a more convenient place, but I can use their mice without the software (as I do on my work laptop and with bluetooth at that, which is technically an unsupported config with logitech mice and windows).

28 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

They have to be on the same vlan/subnet and if your running hyperv on your desktop... can't use bridge mode for the vswitch... (unless you have dual nics, which i do but dont have hooked up...)

They were, but I didn’t know about the hyper-v gotcha. I’ve changed my setup since, so it makes less sense to use it that way but yeah...it was irritating. 

Just now, adrynalyne said:

They were, but I didn’t know about the hyper-v gotcha. I’ve changed my setup since, so it makes less sense to use it that way but yeah...it was irritating. 

Yea discovered that real quick cause I set it up before I enabled Hyper-V and went "WTF" when I couldn't swoosh over to my iMac anymore and realized the only thing I changed was added a vswitch that bridged to my network card, disabled that and went back to normal... but can't access my vm's outside the host... gotta get up off my ass and run that second cable...

2 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

Yea discovered that real quick cause I set it up before I enabled Hyper-V and went "WTF" when I couldn't swoosh over to my iMac anymore and realized the only thing I changed was added a vswitch that bridged to my network card, disabled that and went back to normal... but can't access my vm's outside the host... gotta get up off my ass and run that second cable...

I wonder if my g915 can use Flow, I had an MX keys last I tried. I have dual NICs as well. 

I don't think G series products support it since it's built into the logitech options software and not the g hub.

Also I just ran a cable, can confirm that it works when you have one dedicated nic to the host machine and one dedicated to the vm network :)