Math is racist now?

4 minutes ago, neufuse said:

I've been in a meeting where we were asked if Scrum was a derogatory term by HR....... and they wanted us to "stop using it"

lol and people that can't research before jumping to conclusions. I had never heard the term Scrum before so I keyed it into google real quick and it looks to be a name of a software framework :D 

3 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

lol and people that can't research before jumping to conclusions. I had never heard the term Scrum before so I keyed it into google real quick and it looks to be a name of a software framework :D 

It's more of a work management framework. It can be applied to most anything that is repeatable but also iterative. It shows up in conversations around Agile, LEAN, etc.

On 17/02/2021 at 20:40, neufuse said:

Has anyone seen this going around?

https://nypost.com/2021/02/12/adding-wokeness-oregon-promotes-teacher-program-to-subtract-racism-in-mathematics/

showing your work is now considered racist?

I thought this was a joke at first until I saw it on multiple reputable news orgs....

Hard work, schedule and time is racist too. 

just look it up

7 hours ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

Absolutely.   The reason why these things are abused so much is because there are no consequences.  People use the race card as a crutch for everything, and it desensitizes the true race problems that still exist.
Allowing cancel culture to thrive is making humanity go backwards.  It's such a shame that we can't talk about or publish media of the black or native American people because it's "racist".

Why is cancel culture the new buzzword the last few years? Cancel culture has been around since the getgo, it's not exactly thriving when it's basically been a fundamental aspect of our society forever. That phrase is about as overused as anything else these days.

2 hours ago, neufuse said:

I've been in a meeting where we were asked if Scrum was a derogatory term by HR....... and they wanted us to "stop using it"

Well of course, since rugby is a predominantly white male sport.  So it's racist and sexist!

1 hour ago, neufuse said:

Rugby?

The term 'scrum' is from the game of rugby.  It was adopted as an term when project management practices started becoming more agile.