MX Master 3 LAGS!

So I love the MX Master Series. I love it so much that I have 3 of them and yes I know I can use one mouse for 3 machines lol. Long story. But recently after reformatting my PC, the MX Master lags a ton. It used to lag only when I had a USB drive in the front IO port but now it lags all the time. Before I go waste money on a new mouse, how do I fix this extremely annoying issue? Thanks for any help!

Just now, Jason S. said:

is there some specific driver that needs to be installed?

That's what is a little confusing. I disabled the Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver because when I install that one, the Realtek Bluetooth Adapter stops working and so does the mouse even though it's connected by a unified adapter. 

Bluetooth.PNG

Try a different USB slot on the front IO. Could be the USB slot is bad.

Is it only one mouse that is lagging? Could be the adapter is bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Try a different USB slot on the front IO. Could be the USB slot is bad.

Is it only one mouse that is lagging? Could be the adapter is bad.

I'll try that now. It's connected to the adapter extension and sitting right under my monitor but still lags. I'll see how it goes. 

The unified adapter is different than the bluetooth connection, isn't it?  Looks like the mouse is connected via bluetooth, so maybe those 2 connections are stepping over each other.  Disable the MX Master 3 bluetooth, if you can.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

The unified adapter is different than the bluetooth connection, isn't it?  Looks like the mouse is connected via bluetooth, so maybe those 2 connections are stepping over each other.  Disable the MX Master 3 bluetooth, if you can.

Something interesting happened. I went and got another unified adapter and as soon as I plugged it in, everything came to life. Then I got a notification to update my mouse and keyboard which finished quickly and now everything is running smoothly. So I am guessing the unified adapter was faulty.

Thank you very much! 15 years later and y'all are STILL the go to for help.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mrchetsteadman said:

Something interesting happened. I went and got another unified adapter and as soon as I plugged it in, everything came to life. Then I got a notification to update my mouse and keyboard which finished quickly and now everything is running smoothly. So I am guessing the unified adapter was faulty.

Thank you very much! 15 years later and y'all are STILL the go to for help.

Told you, I did, pawdawan...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Told you, I did, pawdawan...

You did! Looking back over a decade, this place is the go to for everything tech related. 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem, replaced my MX Master 2 with an MX Master 3 and have been experiencing some really bad lagginess wile browsing and playing games. However I have noticed that every USB port that I have tried with is was either blue or black but not the red that matches the color found inside the Bluetooth USB connector. I have one such red USB connector on my mother and when I inserted the Bluetooth receiver in it, all of the problems with lag disappeared immediately. Not all USB ports are the same it seems. 

On 31/07/2021 at 05:45, Mortecha said:

I had the same problem, replaced my MX Master 2 with an MX Master 3 and have been experiencing some really bad lagginess wile browsing and playing games. However I have noticed that every USB port that I have tried with is was either blue or black but not the red that matches the color found inside the Bluetooth USB connector. I have one such red USB connector on my mother and when I inserted the Bluetooth receiver in it, all of the problems with lag disappeared immediately. Not all USB ports are the same it seems. 

Color is coincidental in this case. You moved to a different usb controller on your machine. That appears to be what happened. 

• 2 months later...
On 31/07/2021 at 10:29, adrynalyne said:

Color is coincidental in this case. You moved to a different usb controller on your machine. That appears to be what happened. 

Might actually be the USB Controller drivers then and not the USB device itself.