Need an Icon converter

Hi, I have put together a collection of images that I wish to use as icons.  PNG files appropriately sized for Windows 10 tiles on the start menu.

Can anyone suggest a decent locally installed icon editor please?  One that will convert to all sizes?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Biscuits Brown said:

I've been very happy with Axialis IconWorkshop over the years. I don't know the capabilities however of the free IconGenerator if you are looking to not spend any money.

Thanks, happy to drop some cash.  I will check it out.

you can even use a free image editor like GIMP to save them as ico files and it should work for your needs

image.png.541d1e5cded445cbf3f82403b2f27f80.png

GIMP's a usable alternative  assuming you just want a single image saved in a single size to an ICO file. Tools like Axialis will allow you to create full ICO packages containing many different sizes and color depths. In the end, it depends on the final use. I use Axialis so I can package a full set of icons into a application. You may not need that in this case and GIMP may suffice.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

FastStone Image Viewer is also a free program that can resize images to different proportions and let you convert them to other formats (JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, etc.)

I used to use ACDSee, then Picassa (now discontinued) most free image viewers have some sort of limitation.