Any website/service that will allow me to make nice memos for my business?

Question

This post isn't code related, it's "web" (kinda). @mods feeel free to move to appropiate forum. 

My Family business has been in service for 20+years, but an area that was never considered , and never really injected any budget, was the graphical part. i.e. internal or external (clients) memos that should look from a professional business and not made from an undergraduate, or worse yet, from me.

Last year we hired someone that made our logo (loved it!) which also guided us what type of font and colors our brand should be. Due to personal reasons, he put his business on-hold. What a shame, just as I wanted to hire him for more things.

So now we're basically back to square one, only difference we have the 'backbone' to making the business image, and now back to a no-budget position

So now what I'm missing is actually doing the memos.
I'm an IT background guy, so I think in black/white and notepad and I'm done. So I need the help of a service/site that will be easy to make memos (even if I have to pay for it...a minor price is ok, but if it's costs $200 bucks that's a big NO).

Any suggestions? I heard canva.com can help, is it that really awesome and easy? I do have in mind several memos (at the moment about 10 differente emails), so standardizing the brand is a big deal

Edited by freedonX
  • Like 2

4 answers to this question

So you have someone who has created the basis of a visual brand for you: colour, typography and so on.  Any semi-decent designer could run with that and do an OK job.  What I would suggest is that you work with someone who can "understand" the brand, why the colour choice, why the typography, what you are trying to achieve through these choices and how the layout options will work for you.  Understand your audience, understand your objectives, and so on.

If you want to PM me, I can certainly take a look at your logo and maybe put a couple of ideas together.

On 20/03/2021 at 05:30, Pradeep Tiwari said:

Agree Cealine, Canva is a better option to create memos. You can also photoadking.com to do the same.

Haven't heard of Photoadking.com. Will give it a swirl. Seeing the intro demo from the fronpage, It even looks like Canva .

On 20/03/2021 at 06:22, Dick Montage said:

So you have someone who has created the basis of a visual brand for you: colour, typography and so on.  Any semi-decent designer could run with that and do an OK job.  What I would suggest is that you work with someone who can "understand" the brand, why the colour choice, why the typography, what you are trying to achieve through these choices and how the layout options will work for you.  Understand your audience, understand your objectives, and so on.

If you want to PM me, I can certainly take a look at your logo and maybe put a couple of ideas together.

You've given good points, which until you actually mentioned them, It wouldn't had made sense. It's all about understanding the audience.

I'll PM you!