Do you own a printer & Do you print?

Printer Poll  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently own a printer

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but I might buy one soon.
    • No, I use to but I didn't print much so I got rid of it.
  2. 2. Do you print?

3. 3. What type of printer do you own?

• Inkjet
    • Inkjet Multi Function
    • Color Laser
    • Color Laser multifunction
    • B&W Laser
    • B&W Laser Multi function.
    • Dot Matrix
    • Label Printer
    • I don't own a printer.
  4. 4. If you own a printer what device do you print most from.

• Desktop
    • Laptop
    • Phone
    • Tablet
    • Other
    • I own a printer I just don't currently have any devices.
    • I just use it as a standalone copier
    • I don't own a printer.
  5. 5. What type of printer connection do you use the most.

• WIfi
    • USB
    • Ethernet
    • I just use it as a standalone copier.
    • I don't own a printer.

Must've created this pole after you were asked if you have a shark that uses printer in other topic about windows updates causing BSOD, huh? LOL

Everybody I know still has a printer even if it's not used as much now a days as in years past.

FWIW, I have 2 Sharks but they don't know how to print! :)

I have a multi-function inkjet (from like 2012, I think). I've used the scanner more than the printer. I used to print boarding passes, but I can just use my phone for that now. I used to scan quite a bit, but now we have smartphone apps that scan documents. So, I don't use it a whole lot. 

I don't own a personal printer but I still commonly have to print things at work. we have a "follow me" server setup connected to all of our ethernet printer/scanner/faxer combos

We use Ricoh's

I use to own inkjet printers, I used them once and a blue moon, and when the cartridges ran out/dried up, their replacements cost just as much as a new printer... so instead of buying cartridges, I'd toss the old inkjet and just buy a new one...

Switched to B&W laser mfp since toner doesn't dry out, and have had the same one (and toner cartridge) for about 5 years now. Works fine when I need it. 

I have 4 laser printer.

Canon D450 - Got it 8+ years ago for $100 and the toner is only $20 for a two pack. 

HP LaserJet 1020 - Nice small printer I got off Facebook swap for $20 works great

HP Color LaserJet CP125 - Got that recently off Facebook swap back in November. The color looks fantastic, but it's slow as P1ss. Just yesterday I put the Laserjet 1020 back  to replace it as my couch computer printer. Got tired of waiting for it.

It was really nice being able to print color because I hadn't had a color printer for the last 15 years. Had been balls deep in laser printers. The last inkjet I had was a really old Epson in 2005.

Something - I have another laser printer down stairs in the storage room but Off the top of my head I don't know the make or model, it was a printer given to me by a customer that didn't want it anymore. It was replaced by the smaller 1020 mentioned above.

I had an hp laserjet 4000 that I got from a business years ago, Gave it to my gf to use at work. But it started having feeding issues. Which is sad because I purchased a cleanup kit and replaced all the rollers and stuff and it was feeding like a dream :(

Yeah, kinda hard not to with little kids going to school and using it to make crafts and stuff... still lots of reasons to use a printer, teachers wont accept 3D printed assignments 🤣

HP Photosmart C4380, printer-scanner-copier. It was rarely used until lockdown, and then we started printing worksheets for the kids.

11 minutes ago, spikey_richie said:

HP Photosmart C4380, printer-scanner-copier. It was rarely used until lockdown, and then we started printing worksheets for the kids.

I am entertained by how many things regular people realized they didn't have when the lock down started. Computers, Webcam's, printers and such.

10 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I am entertained by how many things regular people realized they didn't have when the lock down started. Computers, Webcam's, printers and such.

Who you calling regular? 😛

I use my 3-in-1 HP Envy Photo 7830 for scans and (mostly) accounting, printers seem to last me only about 2 years before they start playing up, which is why I have a relatively new model right now, I only got it in January when the Epson packed it in just a few months over the warranty. I gave away the replacement color cartridges locally since they became useless to me and I did not plan on buying the same model replacement.

9 minutes ago, spikey_richie said:

Who you calling regular? 😛

Not you, you already had one, just didn't use it :D

I have a Brother MFC laser printer/fax/scanner/copier I print a few things up, tried to fax with it but it didn't work through Google Voice, have used the scanner.

I own 2 printers.  HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 and a Brother MFC J870DW.  We use the HP most often because that sucker is fast.  I use the other mostly for the occasional fax I need to send.  Which is also why I keep a POTS line around. Its 2021, why do I still need a fax machine?

have a multifunction inkjet at home; still use it for work as sometimes printing my diagrams out and reviewing on paper is easier for me. Being in front of a computer all day, its nice to take a break.