Looking for New Gaming Recommendations

Looking for a game that my buddy and I or just me alone can play for years to come without it getting boring. I've had maybe three games in my 16 years of gaming that have captivated me for a year and a half to two years, but like I said I'm looking for the one that hooks me again.

We've already tried Gmod, CSGO, PlanetSide 2 and Rust. Not looking for another survival game either as we end up getting too mad over them when someone shwacks us and takes our stuff.

Thanks for feedback.

what kind of genre are you looking for?

there's anything from sandbox games like Minecraft to action MOBA games like Destiny 2 or Fortnight

The Witcher 3 has hours and hours of gameplay, and is one that I have gone through at least twice, so something like that would be a game you could play and not get tired of, plus it has a huge modding community so you could add mods and change the gameplay that way as well.

8 hours ago, yavanzhai55 said:

Looking for a game that my buddy and I or just me alone can play for years to come without it getting boring. I've had maybe three games in my 16 years of gaming that have captivated me for a year and a half to two years, but like I said I'm looking for the one that hooks me again.

We've already tried Gmod, CSGO, PlanetSide 2 and Rust. Not looking for another survival game either as we end up getting too mad over them when someone shwacks us and takes our stuff.

Thanks for feedback.

The Destiny series hooked me for far too long.  Not sure I'm entirely fond of its current incarnation but it's worth looking into.

• Jason S. changed the title to Looking for New Gaming Recommendations

It might help to mention which games were the 3 that kept you hooked.

Civilization is a great series of games and can keep you occupied a long time. Red Dead Redemption 2 was another game that I remember being lengthy, and it had me completely involved from beginning to end. I'm actually itching to get a PS5 or get my PS4 from home so that I can go through it again.

10 hours ago, yavanzhai55 said:

Thanks for feedback.

You know you could just go on Xbox Game Pass and have tons of games to play.

27 minutes ago, LostCat said:

You know you could just go on Xbox Game Pass and have tons of games to play.

I think the point is longevity, not just looking for a new game.

7 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I think the point is longevity, not just looking for a new game.

I noticed, but it's still worth mentioning if cost is an issue.

Destiny 2 with all expansions is up on the console version as well.