Windows 10 System Tray

Hi. I don't know if totally belongs to my system tray in W10 (20H2 - 19042.868) but I want to find out :

1. I've unninstalled previous nvidia drivers together with that (useless) control-panel. Got the new drivers and installed them by using update driver from device manager, in order to get rid of that CP.

The ideea is those "nvidia settings" still appear in the system-tray but are useless.. I have only the exit option.

Nvidia control panel..

image.png.5fe0a804c065ec8fcaf8da9dfe60abfc.png

2. Also.. regarding Asus Q-installer.. should be installed? I wish I could get rid of it from there..

image.png.47dd8551d646c49316f789267f670741.png

Any ideeas what can be done? I'm not gaming, just professional use of the drivers.

thanks

7 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Hi. I don't know if totally belongs to my system tray in W10 (20H2 - 19042.868) but I want to find out :

1. I've unninstalled previous nvidia drivers together with that (useless) control-panel. Got the new drivers and installed them by using update driver from device manager, in order to get rid of that CP.

The ideea is those "nvidia settings" still appear in the system-tray but are useless.. I have only the exit option.

Nvidia control panel..

image.png.5fe0a804c065ec8fcaf8da9dfe60abfc.png

2. Also.. regarding Asus Q-installer.. should be installed? I wish I could get rid of it from there..

image.png.47dd8551d646c49316f789267f670741.png

Any ideeas what can be done? I'm not gaming, just professional use of the drivers.

thanks

So...you just want to get of the nvidia icon?  In the nvidia control panel go to Desktop and uncheck "Show Notification Tray Icon"

Capture.PNG.8bfdbd659adf484824485b582c142015.PNG

No idea about the ASUS Q-installer.  Assuming that is for driver/utility updates.  Guessing you don't need it since you can manually update drivers/utilities using the products webpage.

For the Nvidia control panel, I would probably just prevent it from loading at startup if possible.

As it says in the installer window you provided, the ASUS Q-Installer seems to be used to suggest and install drivers. Again, it looks like it loads at startup so I would just stop that from the Task Manager under the start-up tab.

Okay for the Nvidia icon in your tray, it looks like you have some left behind components from a previous "full install", so you'll need to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to get rid of all the entries https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v18037-released

Then, for a minimal install of the Nvidia drivers without all the bloat, you could use NVSlimmer https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-driver-slimming-utility.html which lets you select exactly what portions of the driver software you want to install, then after you have done that, you can use TinyNvidiaUpdateChecker https://github.com/ElPumpo/TinyNvidiaUpdateChecker to silently update only those components (so you don't have to keep "slimming" each new driver release).

Good luck!

thanks for suggestions.. I've unninstalled actual  one and installed the new one. Before the new install just got this message :

image.png.e23069ded6b64cfb8abc3c6bd42ca75a.png

so.. it comes automatically from ms. store. :)

now.. compared to initial story... I have the option to install if if clicking on the icon in the sys.tray :D

image.png.0fe78ed307274fdf8a3e076796503100.png

haven't seen it in task-manager startup & registry run.

is it really useful?

The Nvida driver that is installed from the store is crap. I always download the driver from Nvivda.com  .The tray icon is not needed, but I leave it alone as it does make it easier to access Geforce Experience.

I've installed the driver downloaded from nvidia website.

The control panel message is related to ms store.

You've understood nothing.

25 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

I've installed the driver downloaded from nvidia website.

The control panel message is related to ms store.

You've understood nothing.

I think you meant to say he misunderstood. Because otherwise, that is very rude. This is what he was referring to. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nvidia-control-panel/9nf8h0h7wmlt?activetab=pivot:overviewtab