Ralinklinuxclient entry

Hi,

When I click on my network icon on my laptop I see and entry of ralinklinuxclient under computer which i have never seen before. After a few minutes of seeing this entry and i click on the network icon again it disappears. What the hell is this and why is it showing up? 

TIA

network.jpg

network2.jpg

a quick google search found this 

Why does Ralink Linux Client appear under Network?

Most of the time, Ralink Linux Client will appear in Network because there’s another wireless configuration in your area that is using the same address range as your router – this will cause it to pass filtering and show up as part of your network. This typically happens with routers that are working with the default IP address range.

Also, some users have reported that their Ralink Linux Client was actually identified to be the MAC address of a Smart TV that was connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can test out this theory by temporarily disabling the WI-FI Connection from your Smart TV. Another popular type of device that is notoriously known to show up as Ralink Linux Client is an outdoor camera.

Even more, the Ralink Linux Client is a regular occurence on computers that have multiple network cards. This reportedly happens when you enable two different Wi-Fi networks within the same router (2.5 and 5.0).

https://appuals.com/why-is-ralinklinuxclient-showing-up-in-windows-network/#:~:text=Why does Ralink Linux Client,as part of your network.

this is the part that bothers me in that url.

Dealing with a Ralink Linux Client entry

If you’re seeing one or multiple Ralink Linux Client devices listed as part of your network under This PC, it’s important to eliminate the possibility of a malicious threat.

I have never changed my router password. Is this something I should do guys?

10 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

I have never changed my router password. Is this something I should do guys?

Yes, it can't hurt.

3 hours ago, Bruinator said:

Hi,

When I click on my network icon on my laptop I see and entry of ralinklinuxclient under computer which i have never seen before. After a few minutes of seeing this entry and i click on the network icon again it disappears. What the hell is this and why is it showing up? 

TIA

network.jpg

network2.jpg

Any other advice is appreciated as well :)