HP all in one video card driver issues

Question

hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with HP all in one video card driver issues,

the computer is a HP 22-3110 all in one

it has a fresh install of windows 10, 

the video card is a AMD HD8200 R3

when windows loads the drivers the computer starts and stops every 2 seconds, like it literally freezes up and releases.

i managed to download and install the AMD drivers from their site, that took hours with this start stop happening, when that was finally finished it did the same thing.

the only way i can make it run smoothly is to go into device manage and disable the video card.

but i would like to have the drivers loaded for obvious reasons.

before i formatted the machine and reloaded windows 10 it was running windows 10, so I know this is possible, I just need the correct drivers. 

just wondering if anyone has any ideas or if anyone has seen this happening?

currently I have gone into device manage and uninstalled the graphics card and checked uninstall drives, but I know the second i reboot or have it reload it will put the windows drivers back and I will be in the same position.

I would actually like to force the standard vga drivers into it and have it never install the AMD drivers again.

4 answers to this question

I found a crappy work around,

uninstall the AMD drivers, have it load the standard MS video drivers and then prevent windows from ever loading drivers ever again using the group editor and registry.

its just for business so no 3D things ever have to be run on it hopefully. 

10 hours ago, AOXOMOXOA said:

I found a crappy work around,

uninstall the AMD drivers, have it load the standard MS video drivers and then prevent windows from ever loading drivers ever again using the group editor and registry.

its just for business so no 3D things ever have to be run on it hopefully. 

Ugh manufacturers like Dell and HP are weird like that. They trick the official driver as being unsupported so you have to use the HP version of the AMD driver, which in some cases is several versions behind.

On 03/04/2021 at 18:14, Superuser said:

Did you try the AMD drivers from the HP site?  Are you on the latest BIOS version?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-22-3100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/8499673/model/8502821

i cannot find the bios upgrade for this crap, and yes i have tried these drivers. I have windows 7 on it now and it still doesnt work. same issues as with 10