from Chrome /Chromium to Vivaldi: can i still benefit from the sustainable development in google_chromium?


Recommended Posts

spin_up

hello dear all good day dear Neowin-Experts. 

 

 

well  - at the moent i test a new broser:  new to vivaldi:

 

if i switch to vivaldi : can i benefit from the development in Chrome.

 

note: i have heard that vivaldi is related to Chrome (Chromium) - and i guess that therefore - i can imagine that all the sustainable development of Chrome will be also - hmmm let us say "available"

 

-so - if this is true - then all the comium user can go to vivaldi - and still can benefit from

the sustainable development in chromium the ecology of extensions of chromium too

 

what do you think about this?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ

Vivaldi is an awesome browser it frequently gets update so I would just give it a good go, you can also use the Chrome store.

Link to post
Share on other sites
bawz
1 hour ago, spin_up said:

hello dear all good day dear Neowin-Experts. 

 

 

well  - at the moent i test a new broser:  new to vivaldi:

 

if i switch to vivaldi : can i benefit from the development in Chrome.

 

note: i have heard that vivaldi is related to Chrome (Chromium) - and i guess that therefore - i can imagine that all the sustainable development of Chrome will be also - hmmm let us say "available"

 

-so - if this is true - then all the comium user can go to vivaldi - and still can benefit from

the sustainable development in chromium the ecology of extensions of chromium too

 

what do you think about this?

 

Vivaldi is slow startup ( at least its been that way for me )  an i dont have a decade old computer. even on Vivaldi Snapshot its still on Chromium 89. you possibly can speed Vivaldi up by disabling unwanted/unneeded features. problem i find with Vivaldi its to Bloated which Bogs down the Browser speed

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ
11 hours ago, bawz said:

Vivaldi is slow startup ( at least its been that way for me )  an i dont have a decade old computer. even on Vivaldi Snapshot its still on Chromium 89. you possibly can speed Vivaldi up by disabling unwanted/unneeded features. problem i find with Vivaldi its to Bloated which Bogs down the Browser speed

No speed issues here on my old i3, it's the best browser I've used in years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
bawz
On 05/04/2021 at 19:54, SnoopZ said:

No speed issues here on my old i3, it's the best browser I've used in years.

well my PC was built in 2017 so the hardware aint old by all means, why would firefox an other chromium based browsers startup faster than Vivaldi?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ
7 hours ago, bawz said:

well my PC was built in 2017 so the hardware aint old by all means, why would firefox an other chromium based browsers startup faster than Vivaldi?

My PC was built at the end of 2016.

 

In my testing they all start up the same  in 1-2 seconds maybe that's slow?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon H
9 hours ago, bawz said:

well my PC was built in 2017 so the hardware aint old by all means, why would firefox an other chromium based browsers startup faster than Vivaldi?

Vivaldi is bloated as shit so it doesn't surprise me to hear is starts up a bit slower.

 

one question though, do you have a HDD or SSD? that will make more of a difference than you'd think for app startup time

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne
10 hours ago, bawz said:

well my PC was built in 2017 so the hardware aint old by all means, why would firefox an other chromium based browsers startup faster than Vivaldi?

It is maybe a fraction of a second slower on startup here; not enough to make a difference in much of anything.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
spin_up

hello dear all 

 

well many thanks for the replies and for all your feedack - great to hear from you,.

 

 

well i am currently testing Vivaldi 3.7 on a Linux-System - it runs very very fast. 

 

 

but i wonder why i have such a headless view  - > see the image below - here some parts are missing. 

 

note: is this a vivaldi or some other issue!?

 

 

image.thumb.png.4ee2ea607bb83da1b4053f1f1b682d23.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
spin_up
Posted (edited)

fixed -  just needed to ship the  tool-set from the header to the left border 

 

well i have to say : this browser is blisteringly fast -  on my very very old notebook - a asus L 54 xy  - build in the early 2015 ... the browser is 

damned fast - much faster than chromium and firefox.

 

 

see the issue: fixed.

 

 

image.thumb.png.1a25ec688adbafbb1b2be9ecab591008.png

Edited by spin_up
Link to post
Share on other sites
eilegz

the only thing missing from vivaldi its true portable experience and better sync, its a pain in the ass to move between pc with vivaldi things like addons, and personal info just dont sync and if your pc breaks or need to format you lose everything with vivaldi. in contrast chrome and opera the sync just works.... still think that the only real alternative to chrome its firefox all the chrome clones its more of the same thing with some cons and pro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ
45 minutes ago, eilegz said:

the only thing missing from vivaldi its true portable experience and better sync, its a pain in the ass to move between pc with vivaldi things like addons, and personal info just dont sync and if your pc breaks or need to format you lose everything with vivaldi. in contrast chrome and opera the sync just works.... still think that the only real alternative to chrome its firefox all the chrome clones its more of the same thing with some cons and pro.

I don't have any issues syncing between PC Vivaldi to Vivaldi on Android everything just works perfectly for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
bawz
On 08/04/2021 at 00:19, Brandon H said:

Vivaldi is bloated as ###### so it doesn't surprise me to hear is starts up a bit slower.

 

one question though, do you have a HDD or SSD? that will make more of a difference than you'd think for app startup time

a SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.