What Do You Put in Your Pockets?

I would never put anything of important in my rear pockets where I could lose or get nicked.

Front Right is only ever my wallet and phone(in a custom made pouch as to never get damaged).

Front Left, house keys + coins( in a pouch as to not hole the pocket) and car keys.

It depends on what I'm wearing.

Work trousers -

Front left: Work phone

Front right: Personal phone

Home -

Front left: Wallet/free

Back left: Wallet/free

Back right: free

Jacket/coat:

Left: Mask

Right: Lighter

And then there is my bag:

Tobacco, filter tips, keys, plastic bag, book, notebooks, pen, passport, padlock, lockpick set, hand sanitiser, masks, charging brick, cables, knife, mints, lighter, snack, drink...I think the only thing I'm missing is some rope. :laugh:

43 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

It depends on what I'm wearing.

Work trousers -

Front left: Work phone

Home -

Front left: Wallet/free

Back left: Wallet/free

Back right: free

Jacket/coat:

Left: Mask

Right: Lighter

And then there is my bag:

Tobacco, filter tips, keys, plastic bag, book, notebooks, pen, passport, padlock, lockpick set, hand sanitiser, masks, charging brick, cables, knife, mints, lighter, snack, drink...I think the only thing I'm missing is some rope. :laugh:

I kind of expect you to pull a barbeque out in a minute!

2 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

I kind of expect you to pull a barbeque out in a minute!

Well I've got paper and a lighter to start a fire, so the barbeque might be overkill. ;)

Front right - Phone

Front left - keys (and change if I receive any)

Right rear - wallet

Do we have left rear pockets?

Usually nothing unless I'm going out somewhere, then just my wallet and my keys. I've always carried my wallet in my front pocket also, not so much because I'm afraid of it being stolen but because I can't stand sitting on it. Speaking of thieves though I'm still amazed that someone could still something out of your back pocket without you noticing, doesn't seem possible.

People are always shocked/horrified when I tell them I've never owned a cell phone.

8 minutes ago, Harpo said:

Usually nothing unless I'm going out somewhere, then just my wallet and my keys. I've always carried my wallet in my front pocket also, not so much because I'm afraid of it being stolen but because I can't stand sitting on it. Speaking of thieves though I'm still amazed that someone could still something out of your back pocket without you noticing, doesn't seem possible.

People are always shocked/horrified when I tell them I've never owned a cell phone.

Sensory distraction (I'm not sure if that's the correct term). Bumping into someone can take their attention away from the feeling of the wallet being lifted. Add an extra step of replacing the wallet with something else to give you more time to get away:

• Like 2

Depending on what I am wearing (shorts or pants) Left front - keys,  right: most of time empty unless I do not have a rear pocket then wallet. Right rear = wallet. My cell has a belt clip case, and generally I have it clipped to my belt or shirt if I do not have a belt.

Front left, usually my phone and probably a usb flash drive

Front right - My keys when I get out of my car

Rear Left - Checkbook and Wallet

Rear Right - Usually Empty

It depends on what I wearing and the time of year but its my keys, wallet, and phone of course.  Nothing goes in my back pockets so the phone can be a merry go around.  Colder weather I have a jacket and warmer weather often wearing cargo pants so not a problem in those cases. Sometimes it is just in my hand or in my bag which always have when go to work.

I did start putting my wallet in my back pocket when young because that is what every one else did but then asked myself why am I sitting on my wallet? LOL Didn't even have a phone to worry about back than. Your wallet also is not as secure in your back pocket. It amazes when see woman walking around with their phones sticking out of their back pocket.

The worse thing I see people doing is having a phone case holding their ID, credit cards, and cash. Bad idea! It's a fact people lose their phones much more often than a wallet.

Edited by Superuser

1 hour ago, Superuser said:

The worse thing I see people doing is having a phone case holding their ID, credit cards, and cash. Bad idea! It's a fact people lose their phones much more often than a wallet.

What's more common than that is people's phone going commando with no case. When ever they hand me their phone with no case, it freaks me out because it's so slick, same for tablets. I could not fathom using an iPad with no case. When I buy a phone or tablet online, the case usually arrives before the phone does.

16 minutes ago, warwagon said:

What's more common than that is people's phone going commando with no case. When ever they hand me their phone with no case, it freaks me out because it's so slick, same for tablets. I could not fathom using an iPad with no case. When I buy a phone or tablet online, the case usually arrives before the phone does.

Credit where it's due, I find it impressive when someone shows me their personal phone without any protection and it doesn't have a crack on it. I think it's Neil deGrasse Tyson who doesn't have a case or screen protector, and he twirls his phone around in his fingers. When asked about it, he talked about how Marines are taught tricks and twirls with their rifles because they are supposed to know them inside out, never drop them and always have them to hand. He applies the same mentality to his phone.

2 hours ago, warwagon said:

Front left, usually my phone and probably a usb flash drive

Front right - My keys when I get out of my car

Rear Left - Checkbook and Wallet

Rear Right - Usually Empty

Chequebook? I didn't think people wrote cheques in this day and age at least I haven't for several years.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Chequebook? I didn't think people wrote cheques in this day and age at least I haven't for several years.

I don't even write very many checks, but I carry it incase I forget my wallet I have another form of payment method with me. I also carry my debit in my wallet and my credit card in my check book. Then if I forget everything, I still keep about $60 in cash in the center console of my car for emergency's such as if i need gas and don't have anything with me.

It did recently come in handy. I went to a garage sale, I thought I had grabbed cash, but I forgot it at home and the wallet was empty. I grabbed some money out of the $60 in my and was just fine.

5 hours ago, warwagon said:

That I really don't understand... I am more careful than most with my stuff but the phone is something you use all the time and it's an handheld device (aka you will drop it at some point). Almost all caseless phones I see have scratches, dents on the corners, and/or a cracked screen. I know someone will chirp in they are really careful with their things and don't ever drop their phones. I say BS!

4 hours ago, warwagon said:

I don't even write very many checks, but I carry it incase I forget my wallet I have another form of payment method with me. I also carry my debit in my wallet and my credit card in my check book. Then if I forget everything, I still keep about $60 in cash in the center console of my car for emergency's such as if i need gas and don't have anything with me.

It did recently come in handy. I went to a garage sale, I thought I had grabbed cash, but I forgot it at home and the wallet was empty. I grabbed some money out of the $60 in my and was just fine.

Checks? Really? LOL I am 51 and rarely ever used checks for anything beyond paying rent so never carried a checkbook. These days no use for them at all.

I don't think ever forgotten my wallet. It's an automatic thing like putting pants on before I walk outside.  Payment wise my cash/debit card/credit cards in my wallet are more a backup method for places that don't accept wireless payments.

Left: phone

Right: cash, receipts

Coat left: mask, tissue

Coat right: you can never have too much tissue lol

52 minutes ago, zikalify said:

Left: phone

Right: cash, receipts

Coat left: mask, tissue

Coat right: you can never have too much tissue lol

No keys then. 

• Haha 1