Major injuries you had as a kid.

tested Anode power of old monitor (12.000 volts) in my 19th - never again

• Haha 3

Fingers got slammed in a metal fire door at school when I was in the 4th or 5th grade, then a few years later I got tripped and broke my arm, other than that I was born almost 2 months premature so I had a host of issues there.

Really only had two injuries as a kid, i buckle fractured my wrist and needed stiches on my toes.

I was coming home from the community pool, still a tad wet and not wearing shoes/sandals while riding a beach cruiser. Foot slipped, went into the spokes and chewed up my big toe and a few others. That one sucked because summer was just around the corner and I couldnt swim for most of it.

Went over the top of my bicycle handlebars as a kid, I think I was 10 years old, but I chipped the corner off one of my front teeth when my face met the curb (sidewalk) it hurt like a MF! and for a time I had a silver cap over the tooth, later had reconstruction done and you can't tell I am missing the corner :p 

When I was about 2 I picked up a hot iron, and scalded my hand. I have no memory of it, but my mum told me about it. Other than that, nothing physical. I had an ingrowing toenail for a while when i was about 13 or 14, but that's not major. Oh, and a 240v shock when I accidentally touched a transformer in an old record player I'd cracked open.

I was a mess of a kid. Notable accidents I recall:

- Playing tag during a local festival, I climbed onto a tractor trailer and fell while coming down, hitting my head on a nearby rock. There was blood.

- Playing hide and seek at a friend's birthday party, I was standing near a wall and a friend run into me at way too high of a speed and I hit my head on the wall. There was blood again
- Not long after this, my cousin and I were playing around with a bicycle wheel for some reason, and he threw it towards me and the metal thing on the side hit me on the head. More blood.

- Probably the most notable one though was when I was climbing a tree, which I did a lot for fun. My grandma yelled at me to get down from there immediately, and being the obedient kid I was, I fell down. Nothing broke, but my knee was very messed up and I got a cast on my leg and had to walk with a crutch for a while. A few weeks into the recovery I was swimming at a pool and one other kid pushed their leg on my knee when they tried to propel themselves forward and it undid a lot of that recovery.

- Another notable one: I was riding my bike down a mountain trail with lots of rocks and stuff, completely unprotected. A big rock must have come up as the bike flipped over and I feel pretty hard. The damage wasn't too bad considering, but my knee bled a lot and it took weeks for the wound to heal. I had a scar for years after that, too, but I think it's not noticeable now.

Got a pretty nasty cut down the bone on the top of my right hand when I was 10 .. playing a game of UNO.   UNO was a bloody game back in the 80s.

(Actually kids outside were playing kick ball, the ball hit and broke a glass window that was up near the roof .... the broken glass came down and sliced my hand while I was playing UNO)

Other than that...nothing but the usual scrapes and bruises.

29 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Got a pretty nasty cut down the bone on the top of my right hand when I was 10 .. playing a game of UNO.   UNO was a bloody game back in the 80s.

(Actually kids outside were playing kick ball, the ball hit and broke a glass window that was up near the roof .... the broken glass came down and sliced my hand while I was playing UNO)

Other than that...nothing but the usual scrapes and bruises.

This reminds me of another injury I had when I was younger than 10, can't remember how old but for some reason I was playing catch with a broken glass bottle of lemonade with my cousin and I managed to slash the top of my index finger pretty bad which resulted in a pretty nasty thick scar.

Another one, at the same cousin's house I was swinging off the washing line and it snapped because it couldn't hold me, smacked my head on the crazy paving and I have a nice scar on the back of my head where hair doesn't grow 😛 I remember also hitting my head as we got in the car to go to the hospital Lol.

I hit my head on the windowsill once..

Barely broke the skin, but ow..

Plus I slipped on ice a lot, bruising my tail bone.

I was born with epilepsy and I constantly was busting my head open from seizures.

Thankfully, I grew out of it.

broke my collarbone when I was like 3 or 4 falling off the kitchen counter trying to get a bowl for cereal :D footed pajamas don't make for very good traction :D

On 21/04/2021 at 06:16, Jim K said:

UNO was a bloody game back in the 80s.

On 21/04/2021 at 07:06, spikey_richie said:

We still play it.

UNO Attack EXTREME Edition :D

• Haha 1