Error msg

Anyone know what this means "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000010d (0x0000000000000005, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000001018, 0xffff9d0530181dc0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 8901b8c4-7217-4dcd-a93b-019b0b706db5."

Thx

That's weird, copied the link straight from the article. In any case,  KB5001391 is likely the culprit. Here is a blurb.

Earlier this week, Microsoft rolled out a new cumulative update, labeled as KB5001391, to Windows Insiders in both Beta and Release Preview channels. This brought the News and Interests feature, previously exclusive to the Dev channel, to those users.

However, it seems that the update might be causing some major issues for some users, as they're experience bugchecks resulting in green screens of death (GSOD) - the equivalent of BSOD for Insiders - specifically mentioning a BAD_POOL_CALLER error. The bugcheck apparently happens soon after starting the computer, making PCs essentially unusable. Users have also reported that uninstalling the cumulative update solves the problem. 

Ok, I ran WHOCRASHED and this was the results which i dont understand so I am hoping someone can help me with it plz

On Sun 4/25/2021 5:23:11 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042521-11875-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: wdf01000.sys (Wdf01000+0x58920)
Bugcheck code: 0x10D (0x5, 0x0, 0x1018, 0xFFFF9D0530181DC0)
Error: WDF_VIOLATION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wdf01000.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime
Bug check description: This indicates that Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) detected that Windows found an error in a framework-based driver.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: wdf01000.sys (Wdf01000+0x58920)
Bug check description: This indicates that Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) detected that Windows found an error in a framework-based driver.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 4/24/2021 4:57:11 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042421-12062-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x10D (0x5, 0x0, 0x1018, 0xFFFF810D3EA41DC0)

TYVM

42 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Ok, I ran WHOCRASHED and this was the results which i dont understand so I am hoping someone can help me with it plz

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042521-11875-01.dmp

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

On Sat 4/24/2021 4:57:11 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042421-12062-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x10D (0x5, 0x0, 0x1018, 0xFFFF810D3EA41DC0)

TYVM

I would recommend running the following commands from an elevated command prompt (type cmd in the start menu and right click run as admin:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

After SFC runs, look in your windows\logs\cbs folder and open cbs.log annd scroll to the bottom and see if it found and repaired any system files.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I appreciate the vote of confidence.. I do not recall ever having such and issue, or having to deal with that specific error.

Could be a conflict with drivers.. Also could be related to the latest update, that was attempted to be linked too. I think this is where he was trying to link

https://www.neowin.net/news/kb5001391-cumulative-update-in-windows-10-release-preview-resulting-in-bugchecks/

Do you have that updated "KB5001391" installed?

On the plus side it looks to be the same module each time according to the report.

29 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I would recommend running the following commands from an elevated command prompt (type cmd in the start menu and right click run as admin:

sfc /scannow

After SFC runs, look in your windows\logs\cbs folder and open cbs.log annd scroll to the bottom and see if it found and repaired any system files.

Yep, I would do this. I would also suggest updating all your drivers with something like IObit Driver Booster.

24 minutes ago, BudMan said:

While I appreciate the vote of confidence.. I do not recall ever having such and issue, or having to deal with that specific error.

Could be a conflict with drivers.. Also could be related to the latest update, that was attempted to be linked too. I think this is where he was trying to link

https://www.neowin.net/news/kb5001391-cumulative-update-in-windows-10-release-preview-resulting-in-bugchecks/

Do you have that updated "KB5001391" installed?

No on either of the two updates are listed.

WDF errors are all pretty difficult to nail down, 0x5 in particular.  The usual list of suspects include

• Corrupted Windows System Files
  • Faulty, Incompatible or Damaged Drivers
  • Broken or corrupted windows registry entries
  • Hard Disk problem
  • Virus & Malware attack 

Have you installed or updated anything  lately?   It appears from a casual search that HP systems are prone to this. Do yo have an HP computer?  I'd suggest hitting Google for WDF_VIOLATION causes and fixes.

1 hour ago, Biscuits Brown said:

WDF errors are all pretty difficult to nail down, 0x5 in particular.  The usual list of suspects include

• Corrupted Windows System Files
  • Faulty, Incompatible or Damaged Drivers
  • Broken or corrupted windows registry entries
  • Hard Disk problem
  • Virus & Malware attack 

Have you installed or updated anything  lately?   It appears from a casual search that HP systems are prone to this. Do yo have an HP computer?  I'd suggest hitting Google for WDF_VIOLATION causes and fixes.

The only thing i did was swap out 2 wireless mouse yesterday for a day and switched back to original but this has been happening for weeks periodically.

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

On the plus side it looks to be the same module each time according to the report.

Yep, I would do this. I would also suggest updating all your drivers with something like IObit Driver Booster.

I updated all drivers with Iobit.  How long do those dism commands take to run plz?

6 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

The only thing i did was swap out 2 wireless mouse yesterday for a day and switched back to original but this has been happening for weeks periodically.

Run sfc, see if it resolves the issue, if not then start looking at drivers like @Nick H.suggested. I would recommend Snappy Driver Installer (SDI) to check for updated drivers. I have been using it for years without any issues at all. Like @Biscuits Brown said in his list, the number one thing is corrupted windows system files, SFC will find and correct this for you. Also wouldn't hurt to run disk cleanup and remove temp files, etc. either.

Sucessfully did those commands. When I run sfc /scannow , if I remember correctly, this takes a few passes to run and if it is successful, i can stop it after a few scans and it takes a good while for it to do but the question I have is can I use the computer while it is running or does it need to run stand alone?

Thx

4 hours ago, Bruinator said:

Sucessfully did those commands. When I run sfc /scannow , if I remember correctly, this takes a few passes to run and if it is successful, i can stop it after a few scans and it takes a good while for it to do but the question I have is can I use the computer while it is running or does it need to run stand alone?

Thx

All commands worked correctly with no issues. Drivers updates. I hope this did the trick Thx to all. :)

14 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

All commands worked correctly with no issues. Drivers updates. I hope this did the trick Thx to all. :)

Good to hear that SFC found nothing wrong, and hopefully the driver update solves your problems, it always amazes me sometimes how a simple driver update can fix all the problems.

17 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Good to hear that SFC found nothing wrong, and hopefully the driver update solves your problems, it always amazes me sometimes how a simple driver update can fix all the problems.

I hope. Time will tell. :)