Ramp for handicap person

1 minute ago, Bruinator said:

I would personally get one with railings for safety. 

21 minutes ago, Xenon said:

I would personally get one with railings for safety. 

yes, as my steps already have rails. It is for my mom and i would be pushing her up it.  thx

Edited by Bruinator

A 10' ramp rising 3' will result in about a 17.5° angle. A standard commercial ramp is about 5° and home ramps can run up to 3:12 or about 15° but at that slope, motorized chairs start to have issues. I'd say if you are reasonably fit and are pushing her up for a visit, you may get away with it but its probably going to be a bit steep if its an everyday ramp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biscuits Brown said:

A 10' ramp rising 3' will result in about a 17.5° angle. A standard commercial ramp is about 5° and home ramps can run up to 3:12 or about 15° but at that slope, motorized chairs start to have issues. I'd say if you are reasonably fit and are pushing her up for a visit, you may get away with it but its probably going to be a bit steep if its an everyday ramp.

She wouldnt be going out all that much maybe 3 times a week at most. If it is needed, 1 to 2 people could push her up so would you agree there shouldnt be a problem?

Pic of stairs   https://imgur.com/ilOsjOM

Edited by Bruinator

There is plenty of room as 10 ft ramp is a 3 ft short of the chimney so there is room. I would rather buy the ramp as it would be easier and safer for mom.

You could order the ramp you linked to and try it. Worst thing is pushing her up is a little harder than a lower slope would be. Going down might be a little more fun for her!