Ramp for handicap person

Bruinator
Xenon
1 minute ago, Bruinator said:

I would personally get one with railings for safety. 

Bruinator
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Xenon said:

I would personally get one with railings for safety. 

yes, as my steps already have rails. It is for my mom and i would be pushing her up it.  thx

Edited by Bruinator
+Biscuits Brown

A 10' ramp rising 3' will result in about a 17.5° angle. A standard commercial ramp is about 5° and home ramps can run up to 3:12 or about 15° but at that slope, motorized chairs start to have issues. I'd say if you are reasonably fit and are pushing her up for a visit, you may get away with it but its probably going to be a bit steep if its an everyday ramp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Bruinator
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Biscuits Brown said:

A 10' ramp rising 3' will result in about a 17.5° angle. A standard commercial ramp is about 5° and home ramps can run up to 3:12 or about 15° but at that slope, motorized chairs start to have issues. I'd say if you are reasonably fit and are pushing her up for a visit, you may get away with it but its probably going to be a bit steep if its an everyday ramp.

She wouldnt be going out all that much maybe 3 times a week at most. If it is needed, 1 to 2 people could push her up so would you agree there shouldnt be a problem?

Pic of stairs   https://imgur.com/ilOsjOM

Edited by Bruinator
Bruinator
Posted (edited)

There is plenty of room as 10 ft ramp is a 3 ft short of the chimney so there is room. I would rather buy the ramp as it would be easier and safer for mom.

+Biscuits Brown

You could order the ramp you linked to and try it. Worst thing is pushing her up is a little harder than a lower slope would be. Going down might be a little more fun for her! 

• Thanks 1