Freezing for a few seconds problem with pc

Normal

The freeze isn't techically a "freeze", when it happens like for example in video games everyone who i'm playing with  freezes but I can still move around and when it stops after a few seconds i also notice i have moved, but to a completelty diffrent  spot from where i was moving when it was frozen.It also happens on the web for example in google meet classes, where i can still move my mouse, but I can't hear anyone and they're camera either freezes or turns off completely. If you have even a slight idea how this could be fixed, please tell me.

Steven P.

This actually sounds like a lag problem, maybe the server you are connecting to has a very high ping (like over 200?)

if it is not that  then you might be suffering from micro stutters, and yes it is very annoying. I suggest using LatencyMon to see if any drivers are causing your system to freeze https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

+Randomevent

I'd check if you've got bufferbloat issues (or someone is overloading your network)

https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

might be worth updating your network drivers and the firmware on your router if the ISP is good

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Motopin
      When I enter the stage 3 in the onion ocean and i pass through the door right before the part where you get the monster flame kirby for the second time the game just freezes. 
    • By Usama Jawad96
      'Hey Google' on Wear OS has been broken for months, but a fix is finally in the works
      by Usama Jawad

Wear OS is Google's platform for wearables, and actually only one of the two which supports Google Assistant functionality. The other one being Fitbit, which Google now owns too. While many claim that the firm neglects Wear OS, the platform does receive updates from time to time. However, a new report now claims that the "Hey Google" functionality has been broken on the operating system for several months, with Google only now starting to work on a fix.

9to5Google has cited multiple Reddit and Google Issue Tracker threads which indicate that the "Hey Google" and "OK Google" functionalities are broken on Wear OS. These voice commands are used to immediately trigger Google Assistant and enable ease of access rather than having to physically interact with the wearable.

To be fair, Google Assistant still works but now users have to manually fidget with their device's physical or on-screen controls in order to immediately trigger it. This arguably defeats much of the purpose of having a voice-controlled assistant on your smartwatch.

The good piece of news is that Google has finally acknowledged the flaw and confirmed that it is working on a fix. In a statement to The Verge, the company indicated that it is "aware of the issues some users have been encountering" and will assist partners and OEMs in fixing the problem. It remains to be seen how long Google will take to resolve the issue, but having a major bug on Wear OS for months and not acknowledging it until widespread backlash certainly does not instill confidence in the operating system.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Apple is investigating an issue related to 'pink squares' with the M1 Mac mini
      by Usama Jawad

Apple announced the M1 Mac mini in November 2020, promising 3 times faster CPU speeds, 6 times the GPU performance (with support for 6K displays), and 15 times the machine learning performance over the previous generation. While the performance of the Apple Silicon chip has been praised, the company is reportedly investigating an issue where "pink squares" appear when the new Mac mini is connected to a display.

Multiple threads on Apple's forums have cited an issue where random pink squares appear on the display when the M1 Mac mini is connected via the HDMI port rather than the Thunderbolt. One such thread has over 500 endorsements from users who faced the same issue. The forum post mentions that:

While the culprit behind the issue is currently unknown, MacRumors has obtained an internal memo, dated February 19, which indicates that Apple is investigating the problem. In the meantime, the following troubleshooting steps have been mentioned in the memo:

Put the Mac mini to sleep Wait two minutes and wake the Mac mini Unplug the display from the Mac mini, and then plug the display back in Adjust the display's resolution in System Preferences > Displays As Apple has not publicly acknowledged the investigation yet, it is unclear as to when a fix will be released. That said, it should be sooner rather than later given that the company is actively looking into it.

Source: MacRumors

• By Vindicta
      my laptop has an AMD ryzen 7 4800H with integrated AMD radeon graphics, a GTX 1660 TI, my OS is in windows 10. My laptop has a 144hz display and an external monitor (60hz) that is connected to my laptop which works PERFECTLY FINE before everything.

So on my laptop screen, DOTA 2 was open while in my external monitor/display, I have my Discord and website open. I was just watching youtube vids when suddenly my monitor froze then laptop display turned blue with text saying " ;( windows ran into a problem" or something like that. At first I thought it was the fabled blue screen that breaks your computer but to my suprise it just automatically restarted my laptop, upon typing my password on my lockscreen, I noticed that my external monitor isn't working and that my laptop display looks weird. So, I asked a friend and told me to check my device manager and I saw that my AMD Radeon Graphics has this "code 43" thing, so he said to just update my drivers and update my windows software, so I did all that and its still there. I did a little exploring myself on my laptop and found that my laptop display was using MS basic display and that it was on 1hz, now I was panicking because I was thinking that my driver is broken or gone, so he told me to try using the one on the AMD website that updates drivers, and so I did that but still nothing. As for the monitor, I tried trouble shooting it, connecting-disconnecting it, force detecting with settings, using the "add device" button under "Bluetooth and other devices"  still nothing, I really dont know what to do. I dont even know what happened before the blue screen

I seen people uninstall their drivers then install it or using the roll back options but idk, what if something happened to my laptop, I dont wanna risk it ;(

• By Usama Jawad96
      Your Cyberpunk 2077 save file will be irreversibly damaged if you collect too many items
      by Usama Jawad

File this under the list of issues plaguing CD Projekt Red's (CDPR) AAA title Cyberpunk 2077, but apparently, if you craft way too many items in-game, your save file will be irreversibly damaged and you will lose all progress contained in it. This issue started making the rounds on GOG forums a few days ago but has now come under the spotlight due to the company's response.

Much like The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 also allows players to collect various items to craft new materials for utilization or to sell them for commercial gains. This is a pretty standard mechanic that is a core component of major RPG titles. However, if you do this excessively in Cyberpunk 2077, you will corrupt your save file and lose all progress.

As highlighted in various Reddit and GOG threads a few hours ago, save files are reportedly capped at 8MB. If you exceed this limit - which is very much doable if you like to collect and craft items -, your save file will be irreversibly damaged. This is presented by a warning sign on the save file, saying that "Saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded".

This issue is confirmed to be present on the PC version of the game, and other Reddit threads have indicated that the same happens on console counterparts of the game as well. CDPR has confirmed the problem and stated that:

While CDPR hasn't confirmed as to why this limit exists in the game - particularly when this mechanic is such a core component of the "true" RPG experience -, it is likely due to some technical limitation and will be fixed in a future patch, currently anticipated in January 2021. However, until then, players are on their own.

Source: CDPR via Reddit (1) (2) (3), GOG