WiFi cameras, setting static IP address

I have 2 of these WiFi cameras. Every time the router resets, the assigned IP address of the cameras changes, forcing me to have to go to the monitoring program and update the address so that they will display on the PC. I would love to assign them each a static IP address so this does not keep happening. Is there anyway for this to be done via the router or other method? Thanks.

1 minute ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I have 2 of these WiFi cameras. Every time the router resets, the assigned IP address of the cameras changes, forcing me to have to go to the monitoring program and update the address so that they will display on the PC. I would love to assign them each a static IP address so this does not keep happening. Is there anyway for this to be done via the router or other method? Thanks.

I think you need to set custom IP in the device settings. Wherever that is.

Just now, Mindovermaster said:

I think you need to set custom IP in the device settings. Wherever that is.

Which does not exist. Could I use the MAC Address to achieve this?

Usually they have a web interface on the camera. Just log into the camera by going to the camera's current IP address. Then there should be a network setting which should allow you to set the camera network address as static.

22 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Usually they have a web interface on the camera. Just log into the camera by going to the camera's current IP address. Then there should be a network setting which should allow you to set the camera network address as static.

I get this message "in message exchangeHTTP GET method not implemented", I am going to try DHCP reservation and see if that works.

59 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I get this message "in message exchangeHTTP GET method not implemented", I am going to try DHCP reservation and see if that works.

Im all on-board for the DHCP reservation too, also means that you wont potentially get a IP conflict between the camera and another device if DHCP allocated that IP (not that it should - but ive seen some terrible routers do it)

Your router should have an interface where you can just find the camera(s) in the list, and press the "use the same ip address each time" tick box and save..

login to cameras with old IE browser and set ip manually

ps: goto IE setting and disable all security for that IPs adresses

Edited by Marujan
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Marujan said:

This! I had some janky cheapo webcams from Amazon which I had to use IE9 for, Chrome and FF wouldn't go near it.

3 hours ago, Marujan said:

I get this message for both the cameras from IE:
HTTP GET method not implemented

I am guessing that they don't have a HTTP interface.

Doesn't appear that this webcam supports logging in through web browsers but uses a smartphone app for setup.  So, unless the app gives you the option of doing manual IP settings (to give a static IP) ... it will need to be done through the router.

As mentioned previously, assign the IP per MAC address.

Refer to the router's manual or at least post what router you are using.

There is some kind of web service running if youre getting, HTTP GET method not implemented as i would expect a page cannot be found, you may have already tried this but have you tried HTTPS?

If you dont have a server that can handle DHCP then you need a router with a firewall that has DHCP reserve setting in it since most ip cameras controlled by the app are not setup to go static so in case an outage they come back up quicker. Routers in the 150-200 range usually have this setting. I have cameras setup this way but I use a server to keep them static...... 

1 hour ago, Jim K said:

Doesn't appear that this webcam supports logging in through web browsers but uses a smartphone app for setup.  So, unless the app gives you the option of doing manual IP settings (to give a static IP) ... it will need to be done through the router.

As mentioned previously, assign the IP per MAC address.

Refer to the router's manual or at least post what router you are using.

I did DHCP reservation for both of the cameras via the router, I will have to wait and see if it worked.

1 hour ago, REM2000 said:

There is some kind of web service running if youre getting, HTTP GET method not implemented as i would expect a page cannot be found, you may have already tried this but have you tried HTTPS?

Get the can not connect if I try HTTPS, but no worries as I set the DHCP reservation for them.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BritBronco said:

You could use a DHCP reservation with the MAC in your router.

yes, this is called dynamic-static setup and I far prefer it to setting a static address directly on a device. doing it this way you also don't chance the router accidentally assigning the IP to another device at some point causing an IP conflict on the network.

dont waste your time for shllty trashy cameras, send it to the trash bin.

get new Reolink 410 model

2 hours ago, Marujan said:

I doubt he's made of money..

On 25/05/2021 at 22:09, Marujan said:

I am considering upgrading to PoE cameras.

On 26/05/2021 at 01:05, Mindovermaster said:

I doubt he's made of money..

$40 is not that expensive...