Are you getting vaccinated, or have been?

Do you plan to get vaccinated against COVID-19?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get vaccinated against COVID-19?

• I have already been vaccinated
    • I want to get vaccinated but haven't yet
    • I refuse to get vaccinated

Simple question to a basically yes or no answer, do you plan to get vaccinated or not.

My appointment for the first jab is June 14th. I am waiting on the email for the details of it, but I already know it won't be AstraZeneca because they are only giving that to people born in 1961 or earlier now in The Netherlands. https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/coronavirus-vaccinatie/vraag-en-antwoord/wat-moet-ik-weten-over-vaccinatie-met-het-astrazeneca-vaccin (use translate).

The poll is anonymous, but please keep it respectful for those that weigh in with their own choice in a post.

I got the Mederma one, and I did it because I work around kids and felt that I should do my part to protect them and myself. On the first dose I only had minor side effect (asthma acting up) but the second dose put me down for the count and I ended up missing half of a day of work, and slept.

• Like 3

I did the J&J one day before a few states stopped it from patients passing out...I passed out in 60 seconds and had to be checked out by the squad and then spent the evening/night vomiting all over the place. I then spent 9 days of hell be it ranging from just tired AF constantly, light headed a few days where I had to leave work and come home. My left arm where I got it I couldn't move for 2 days...you heard me right, Could not MOVE it...not just sore it was just off.

Other things for 9 days of my hell were headaches I've never experienced before, fever breaks multiple nights as in really bad.

Then they completely stopped giving J&J out for blood clots and although I'm not a woman as it was hitting women mostly there was one guy in Cali that got it 2 days before me and had them so needless to say I was in constant contact with the health dept and my doc.

I will say this that I'm done - I'm not getting a booster or another one.

I really don't care at this point I will not go thru that again. Something else will have to give/happen but that was enough for me.

• Like 2

My wife and I got the Moderna - first shot we had no reaction whatsoever, but we had heard that many reacted badly after the second dose.  For us, we were mildly sick for the second day after it, but it passed. My arm was a little sorer after the second one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sava700 said:

I did the J&J one day before a few states stopped it from patients passing out...I passed out in 60 seconds and had to be checked out by the squad and then spent the evening/night vomiting all over the place. I then spent 9 days of hell be it ranging from just tired AF constantly, light headed a few days where I had to leave work and come home. My left arm where I got it I couldn't move for 2 days...you heard me right, Could not MOVE it...not just sore it was just off.

Other things for 9 days of my hell were headaches I've never experienced before, fever breaks multiple nights as in really bad.

Then they completely stopped giving J&J out for blood clots and although I'm not a woman as it was hitting women mostly there was one guy in Cali that got it 2 days before me and had them so needless to say I was in constant contact with the health dept and my doc.

I really don't care at this point I will not go thru that again. Something else will have to give/happen but that was enough for me.

I have heard many stories like yours and the J&J one, which makes me glad I didn't get it, I was very close to getting it on the day I was going to get my first dose because a pop up location opened really close by, but I already had my other one scheduled so I did not want to do the J&J

2 hours ago, sava700 said:

I then spent 9 days of hell be it ranging from just tired AF constantly, light headed a few days where I had to leave work and come home. My left arm where I got it I couldn't move for 2 days...you heard me right, Could not MOVE it...not just sore it was just off.

i saw the same movie before🤩

your DNA is changed and now you have a SuperPower...

impressive-superhero-short-the-flying-ma

• Haha 2

Why do these polls always have 'refuse' as the only option to not get the jab? What about people that can't get one due to medical conditions or those of us that CHOSE to wait a bit longer for actual approval? Nothing against you all but I'm not keen on getting ANY drug without approval and long term testing. I'll just stay home, get my groceries put in my trunk and wait until  we get full approval and a year or two of history.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Biscuits Brown said:

Why do these polls always have 'refuse' as the only option to not get the jab? What about people that can't get one due to medical conditions or those of us that CHOSE to wait a bit longer for actual approval? Nothing against you all but I'm not keen on getting ANY drug without approval and long term testing. I'll just stay home, get my groceries put in my trunk and wait until  we get full approval and a year or two of history.  

That's a refusal when it is being offered to you and you have decided against it for lack of faith in it. As for people with medical conditions, the vaccine went through that pool first (diabetics, those most likely to die from getting COVID-19), the super elderly (90 plussers) what medical conditions have been made exempt from the vaccine? The only one I know about is AstraZeneca not being used due to possible clotting (a factor far less likely to cause clotting than the contraceptive pill does in women).

I know someone who works in the healthcare system who refuses to get it, in my opinion she puts everyone around her at risk being near her. But that's just my opinion.

As I mentioned here, I got my first shot the other day. My mother got her second dose yesterday. My sister says that she isn't going to get the vaccine. On the one hand I'm thinking, "to each their own." On the other hand I'm thinking, "but you're supposed to be the smart one in the family!" And she's a teacher, so more at risk of contracting it from the little blighters...

I've had two doses of Astra Zeneca, the first shot gave me severe chills for about 12 hrs, then I was fatigued for a couple of hrs,

The second shot gave me a fever and swollen glands for about 12 hrs,

I still think getting a dose of the vax is better than getting a dose of the covid.

• Like 2

I work in Healthcare, so got the Pfizer.  I call the two shots "Distemper and Rabies" by P-fizer (I actually say the "P" for fun".  A bit of a sore shoulder, and didn't grow the 3rd arm my pharmacist said I could grow.  That part was disappointing 

• Haha 1

Looks like people with my age (44) will only get the vaccine next year. 
Our stupid government keeps changing the priority groups.

1 hour ago, jamwheat said:

I work in Healthcare, so got the Pfizer.  I call the two shots "Distemper and Rabies" by P-fizer (I actually say the "P" for fun".  A bit of a sore shoulder, and didn't grow the 3rd arm my pharmacist said I could grow.  That part was disappointing 

I'd kill for a third arm.😁

4 hours ago, Steven P. said:

That's a refusal when it is being offered to you and you have decided against it for lack of faith in it. As for people with medical conditions, the vaccine went through that pool first (diabetics, those most likely to die from getting COVID-19), the super elderly (90 plussers) what medical conditions have been made exempt from the vaccine? The only one I know about is AstraZeneca not being used due to possible clotting (a factor far less likely to cause clotting than the contraceptive pill does in women).

I know someone who works in the healthcare system who refuses to get it, in my opinion she puts everyone around her at risk being near her. But that's just my opinion.

I'm diabetic, have asthma, and am over weight and, with the exception of the things I mentioned (asthma flare up on first dose, and being generally 'sick' for 2 days after the second dose) I have had zero reaction to it and I even had asked my doctor to fill out the paperwork so I could get the vaccine earlier, but he never got the message (online portal system is kind of wacky)

11 hours ago, Biscuits Brown said:

Approval?  It's been approved, back in December actually. They couldn't start administering any of them without approval.
Long-term testing? Virologists have been working on rNA vaccines for coronaviruses for years - this is why they were able to get this one created and tested relatively quickly. Do some research on the subject, and don't just arbitrarily doubt everything that isn't in line with your original opinion bro.  

Had the first dose of Pfizer yesterday. Bit of a sore arm but nothing more. 

Second dose booked for 13TH Aug. 

My wife just left to get her first dose. 

19 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Had the first dose of Pfizer yesterday. Bit of a sore arm but nothing more. 

Second dose booked for 13TH Aug.

Wow, really? Why so long between shots? Over here we have to wait 21 days (I think) between doses, but they seem to pretty much have you booked for your second dose the day after the wait time is up.

1st dose of AZ beginning of May.  No side effects, no issues not even a sore arm.  Didn't even know they had done the injection.

2nd does in July.

Would have had 1st dose towards end of March, but caught Covid instead and had to wait 4 weeks before booking another.

16 hours ago, sava700 said:

That is quite a reaction to a vaccine. Did you consider the idea you may be a goner if got COVID?

I am of course vaccinated because I like things to get back to "normal" as soon as possible and that is the only real way to get there. Considering we are not doing the right things and with no herd immunity in the US let alone worldwide any time soon (if ever) makes me think this will be an ongoing thing because variants of the virus will allowed to manifest.

The wife and I received the Pfizer vaccine and no real side effects. A sightly sore arm for a couple of hours and maybe a little run down the next day (her more so and some body aches).

6 hours ago, cmcgregor80 said:

Who are you waiting to approve? FDA already approved both of them months ago.  This was in december

An emergency use authorization is NOT even close to to same as an approved drug. Phizer has just started their stage 4 testing for approval that may happen by later this year. What do you know, the FDA actually requires longer term safety testing in order to get approval. You do realize that if you are the one in a million that do suffer from an unforseen side effect that in the US, you have absolutely no legal recourse against the drug manufacturer, don't you?

Also consider that every other attempt at creating a coronavirus vaccine has resulted in a significant percent of recipients developing immune system issues 12 to 18 months downstream. 

In my case, I'm planning to get one (J&J) after that process is complete and the J&J gets approval. As I've said before, my wife and I are not putting anyone at risk. We don't travel, go to the theater, eat in restaurants or even work in an office. I grocery shop once a week and they just put my stuff in the trunk. We have zero personal contact with anyone. We live in a county that has just over a million people, a case fatality rate of .9% (most of those from several senior center group homes). Our hospitalization rate for those who develop covid is under 2%. Why should I rush out for an unapproved vaccine that offers me a 95% rate of not being hospitalized if I get covid when I already have a 98% chance of not being hospitalized?

If I had an in office job, wanted to get back to social gatherings, eat at my favorite restaurant or had famiky we planned to visit I'd likey have been vaccinated but for our lifestyle and location, there just isn't an urgent need.

That to me isn't a refusal but an informed and safe choice.