Umbrella Academy (2019-) in Season 3, Elliot Page will play a female

I like this show and wondered if we'd even get a third season due to Ellen Page coming out as transgender and is now known as Elliot Page, however I really think the altering of history is a dangerous path to travel down. On the Wikipedia page:

On November 9, 2017, Netflix confirmed that Elliot Page had joined the cast and that he would play Vanya Hargreeves, also known as the White Violin.

Really, so Netflix casted a he in a she role? No, that's not what happened. I suppose it's okay to alter history when it is politically correct to do so even if the facts are untrue? Hmm.

Also as a fan of the show I had to look up if the character is still in the show or if they had written in a gender change, but apparently Elliot will continue to play a female in the show.

I can see studios now having to write in clauses for gender changes in the contract, and they'd be totally within their rights to do so!

What a world we live in.

Dude has some abs...

Regarding Netflix / Elliot ... I think they all handled it appropriately.  The character is a female and they shouldn't be obligated to write in a gender change because of the actor's personal life/choices.  Glad they aren't changing the characters gender and Elliot will continue to play the role.