How can I get more secure emails, such as email and smartphone recovery?

1 I want how to have more security, things like: how to make email recovery easier in case you forget and lose your password.

2 I recently received an email to increase gmail security. I want to know how to increase security without putting complicated and hard-to-remember passwords.

3 my mother doesn't know how to use the email and forgets her password, she has to write it down on paper and doesn't even know where she put it.

It's not good to have many e-mails, but having only one is bad too, because it's good to share, for example, one for work and one for personal. Or have one email for each subject in case of creating different accounts on youtube, one email for each account. But the bad thing is that it can have too many emails and confuse your mind

1. LastPass

2. ?

3. LastPass. It's free up to 100 passwords, I think.

I have about 5 e-mails, 3 of which I don't use anymore.

Your work will have their own shenanigans to keep everything safe.

24 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

1. LastPass

2. ?

3. LastPass. It's free up to 100 passwords, I think.

I have about 5 e-mails, 3 of which I don't use anymore.

Your work will have their own shenanigans to keep everything safe.

Last pass unlimited but now only for 1 type of device desktop or mobile... at least I don't think there is a password limit on the free.

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

Last pass unlimited but now only for 1 type of device desktop or mobile... at least I don't think there is a password limit on the free.

Oh, it was? OK. But, anyway, yeah. Secure way to have your passwords stored.

You can't make recovery easier while making it more secure. They're generally opposite ends of a spectrum, meaning that you can either make it easy to recover or you can make it more secure.

As others have suggested, a password manager could do a lot of what you want. You can then provide each of your emails (and other accounts) with long, 20+ character passwords while you just need to remember one complex password to access the password manager.

However to reiterate my first point, by using a password manager you are providing all your credentials to a third party, and you are storing them in one location. If the third party gets hacked, or if someone gains access to your account, all your credentials are compromised not just one email account. It sounds scarier than it is, since you would protect your password manager account with an incredibly long and complex password - it is the only password you will ever need to remember, after all - so the chances of a breach happening would be slim, but it's worth keeping in mind. You have traded a small amount of security for a lot of ease. It just depends on how secure your passwords were before you started using the service to say whether the trade was worth it or not.

I finally started using 1password paid and it is great . I should have started a long time ago + their privacy is also sufficient for me not to worry

gratitude for the help, i will use passwords but long, but no exaggeration, 10 characters is fine, i would like to know more which e-mail to put for recovery and which smartphone number, are issues that are important for recovery.