Windows 11 on Surface Pro 3

I was able to update my Surface Pro 3 successfully, but the physical hardware buttons no longer work in Windows (volume up/down, power and windows key).

I've rolled back to Windows 10 21H1 and they work again, but every time I update, they break.

I've tried re-installing the drivers as well as hard reboots, but no change

Does anyone know a fix?

what's the whole deal about Windows 11 requiring Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0. How do I know if my PC already has one. Where do I find it. Why so many complications? 😵

4 hours ago, northwind95 said:

what's the whole deal about Windows 11 requiring Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0. How do I know if my PC already has one. Where do I find it. Why so many complications? 😵

I’m not sure it’s a complication. 

Run tpm.msc.

On 29/06/2021 at 13:08, SlasherKG said:

I was able to update my Surface Pro 3 successfully, but the physical hardware buttons no longer work in Windows (volume up/down, power and windows key).

I've rolled back to Windows 10 21H1 and they work again, but every time I update, they break.

I've tried re-installing the drivers as well as hard reboots, but no change

Does anyone know a fix?

So lets see, you entered the Insider Program and installed a non-released, still in testing copy of Windows 11. You encountered an issue. What do you think the appropriate action is:

Go to a site like Neowin and ask if anyone knows how to fix it

OR

Go the to the feedback hub, search for the issue. If found, upvote it. If not found, add the issue.

I'll give you a few minutes to think it over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Wow, way to be a douche.
Of course I did all of that, but why not post here as well to get other ideas and confirm the issue?

Nothing helpful, why even respond? Just move on keyboard warrior.