Gamecube question

I have an xbox and very happy with that.. I am thinking of getting another console... GC or PS2? which one would u guys recommend? which one has better graphics? And fun games. Can you tell me? If i get a GC will i be dissapointed after xbox?

although there are differences in graphics, it shouldnt be enough to dissapoint you or anything. and the multi player games on the cube are alot of fun. Plus their single player games are what i play games for.

Yeah, the GameCube is definitely not a graphics powerhouse (but neither are console game systems), but it is a lot of fun to play. I think GameCube has the best games for consoles. PS/2 has a large game market, but their games aren't all that fun. I really enjoy my GameCube because I play fun games with other people.

I am a type of guy who plays games like halo and splinter cell... I will never play Mario except the carting... So i believe cube has lack of games in the areas that i want... Although Metroid Prime is a definite.. I would get PS2 for resident evil series but i heard the graphics are better in cube than PS2, also the price is cheaper.

IMO you should get a PS2.

I have all three, and imo the GC and Xbox both have very few must have games and you generally spend time waiting months for the next game, while the PS2 has so much more variety.

So the way I see it you need a PS2 and a GC or Xbox, but not an xbox and gamecube, but your tastes may be different.

Anyways the GC has some must haves but not alot they are:

Metroid Prime

Zelda:WW

Zelda: Promo Disc

F-Zero

Eternal Darkness

Ikaruga

And maybe Mario Kart(haven't got to play it but all the previouse ones were great)

Final Fantasy Chronicals looks pretty cool but good luck getting that many people with gameboy advances to play it, Super Smash Brotherswasn't too deap or challenging, and the sidescrolling levels were lame, and any multiplatform game the cube gets the X-Box has it too, like Prince of Persia(Must get) and Beyond Good & Evil.

Now IMO Metroid Prime for me was worth the price of the gamecube I love that game so much, but it's a love it or hate it game and when I show it to my friends it gets about a 50/50 chance of them liking it. Now the graphics can pretty much be just as good as the Xbox on the cube, the only thing that holds it back is developers just don't really put as much time into thier GC games when porting them over but generally most new multiplatform games like Prince of Persia look just as good on the cube as the Xbox.

But the PS2 IMO even with the noticably worst graphics is what I feel is the must own system. But I'm an RPG'er. I love final fantasy, disgaea, playing old psone rpg's like Xenogears and such, it (PS2) also has alot more variety with the ultra cool Frequency and Amplitude games and I really wanna try out Karaoke Revolution as well. Free multiplayer is another plus for the PS2 if you're a sports fanatic, although EA will probably cave and start making Xbox live enabled titles soon and it's getting a huge user base, so the Xbox might finally get the support it needs to be considered a must have imo.

I have both PS2 and GameCube. I would recommend the GameCube over the PS2. THe games for GC are a lot more fun, and the controller is amazing once you get used to it.

I am a type of guy who plays games like halo and splinter cell... I will never play Mario except the carting... So i believe cube has lack of games in the areas that i want... Although Metroid Prime is a definite.. I would get PS2 for resident evil series but i heard the graphics are better in cube than PS2, also the price is cheaper.

The Resident Evil series is mainly for the Gamecube now. Look at the RE4 post made here yesterday, it's simply amazing.

very hard decision... ... Ps2's graphics lookd worse than gamecube. I tried it an hour ago when i went to gamestop to pick up a copy of unreal 2 for my xbox. Also Resident evil series is a big advantage for the cube as well as Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime but these are all the games i would play... However PS2 has Jak 2, Winning Eleven, Silent Hill 3, Gran Tourismo, and few more but the rest is already in xbox.. Well i need to throw a coin i believe.

very hard decision... ... Ps2's graphics lookd worse than gamecube. I tried it an hour ago when i went to gamestop to pick up a copy of unreal 2 for my xbox. Also Resident evil series is a big advantage for the cube as well as Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime but these are all the games i would play... However PS2 has Jak 2, Winning Eleven, Silent Hill 3, Gran Tourismo, and few more but the rest is already in xbox.. Well i need to throw a coin i believe.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes?

Then again if you go GameCube you wouldn't get MGS3. Sounds like getting both is your best option, when you can afford it.

(Note: Winning Eleven is also on GameCube, but you will have to import it - no US release)

There's also Metroid Prime 2 this year. I'll warn you before you choose a console though. Metroid Prime has more in common with Mario than it does with Halo - it's more of an adventure game or platformer.

Edited by Danrarbc641

I have both PS2 and GameCube. I would recommend the GameCube over the PS2. THe games for GC are a lot more fun, and the controller is amazing once you get used to it.

exactly what i was going to say

Has anyone played I-ninja for GC? I was looking at that but i havent heard that much about it.

It didn't turn out as well as most hoped. It'd probably be considered a little above average, but not much more than that.

Ok buying gamecube because of resident evil series :D...

when i get that cube it doent come with a harddisk right? i need to purchase a memory card as well? Also how big is this card? can it save if i have 10 games or something?

Ok buying gamecube because of resident evil series :D...

when i get that cube it doent come with a harddisk right? i need to purchase a memory card as well? Also how big is this card? can it save if i have 10 games or something?

There are 59 and 251 block first party cards, and some third party cards go over a thousand blocks.

Memory cards are required to save.

The average game save is in the 10-20 block range.

Keep on getting sports games on your Xbox though, some of them will fill a 251 block card by themselves.

I've got all 12 of my games on one MC251 (except for All-Star Baseball 2002, I don't play it anymore). This is including several F-Zero and Super Monkey Ball replays, and a couple of custom Timesplitters maps.

I got Officla 251 block for Christmas, anyways I was just playing Resident Evil ?(Y)) GC is definately great for the RE series and RE4 will be great, I would choose a GC over a PS2 imo, I own all 3 consoles but GC just has the "wow" factor, there are lots of great multiplayer games aswell as great singles such at Metroid Prime, RE Series and Zelda and Viewtiful Joe etc. Okay, since your getting the Gamecube, I did have a 59 block but that got used up pretty fast, worth it in the long run to get a 251 blick memory card oh and did I forget to mention that RE? rock:D:D

i think gc has the potential for better graphics. they are experienced and i've heard that theyre starting to target the older audience now. btw, i own a gc and nothing else