XBone does not bring up home screen

Just fired up my Xbox One for probably the first time in a month only to be met with a black screen rather than the standard menu out of not knowing what to do I held down the home button on my Xbox controller which brought up the standards Turn off Console, Trun off Controller, etc, etc which means to me the console is functioning, TV input correct, HDMI cable working, etc.

Selected restart console - green XBox One start up screen followed by welcome login animation.....black screen!

Held power button on console until it powered off, pulled out the cable and left for 10 minutes, same sequence of events starting up

This to me screams of MS have attempted doing something in the background and made a mess of it. Has it happened to anyone else?

Edited by Son_Of_Dad

I don't know anything about the XBox One, but can you access the WiFi settings from the home menu? If so, there should be an option to disconnect from XBox Live. Some have said that disconnecting and restarting the console has got them back to the main screen.

I also found this:

This solution, first discovered by a Reddit user named Stevr, uses another method to access and reload the dashboard. It is done shortly after powering up the console.

Start the Xbox One as normal.

• Wait until the Xbox One begins to move your pins on startup.
  • As soon as the pins move, press Right Trigger, Left Trigger and the Y button simultaneously.
  • If you do this properly, the dashboard will not fade away to black and functionality will be restored.

Source

Again, I don't have an Xbox so I don't know if the above ideas could help, or if you can access the various options mentioned...

• 2 months later...

Do you still have this issue @Son_Of_Dad? My Xbox One has also had the issue for the last 6 weeks.

Apparently factory resetting the Xbox One should resolve it, although as of yet I've not attempted that.

Seems to still be an on going issues from what I can gather: https://piunikaweb.com/2021/09/08/xbox-one-black-screen-issue-surfaces-after-recent-insider-update/

On 08/09/2021 at 23:53, InsaneNutter said:

Apparently factory resetting the Xbox One should resolve it

Yeah that's what I was forced into doing fortunately it worked but time consuming. I dropped out of any previews & background updates afterwards I just have a sneaking suspicion it occurred around the time MS were pushing something

• Like 1